SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#98415 - 08/16/05 11:31 AM Re: Some info about Tyros-2
to the genesys Offline

But it is true that Yamaha isn't necessarily looking for people to sell their Tyros I and get the Tyros II. They are looking to grab the attention of first time customers who own a PSR 550 or something similar and other Brand consumers looking for a high end Board that appeals to them. And I think the most enticing feature on the new Tyros will be the Mega Voices that will be playable in a live situation. And also the Sampler and the nicer keybed, although the keys will be the same width as the original Tyros from what I understand.

[/B][/QUOTE]

This is how I feel as a person who already has a high-end arranger.

The only way I would consider the Tyros II is if it were in a module form.

For 2 primary reasons: 1. I do not want to go through the expense of getting another high-end arranger and 2. I don’t want to carry another keyboard (that is in addition to my first arranger) on a gig. I would not even want to sell my original arranger because I would not want to recreate or convert my custom styles and set-ups.

I think the Tyros II would be good for those who don’t have a high-end arranger and for those who have the Tyros I and see the need to upgrade (obviously they would want the best version of the keyboard).

But for a person who already has a medium to high-end arranger or keyboard whether by Yamaha or another brand getting the Tyros II would not be an option.

But if it were a module they would be more incline to look at it.

For example, a satisfied owner of a G70, unless that person has a lot of money to spend would probably not even look at a keyboard version of the Tyros II. But if it were in a module, they may look at it and may be by it if it is reasonably priced in order to complement their set-up.

It is easier to carry on a gig one keyboard and a module rather than two full keyboards.

#98416 - 08/22/05 05:29 AM Re: Some info about Tyros-2
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi All
Just got my September edition of Organ and Keyboard magazine, and it confirms that Tyros 2 will be launched at the Caister Organ and keyboard Festival UK, on Saturday 1st October.
It is also one of the open days so it will allow others not attending the Festival to see the launch.
As most other keyboard manufactures will be there, you will be able to compare the Tyros 2 with keyboards from Roland, Ketron, and Wersi etc.
Enjoy

Bill

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online