Topic Options
#98395 - 08/12/05 10:15 AM Some info about Tyros-2
TiViPi Offline

Some info about Tyros-2 on http://shop.musicproducts.com/

-New 4-layer Keyboard

-61 high-quality keys
-400 built-in styles

-Super Articulation Voices give added realism and depth to the sound

-Megavoiced brass, strings, saxes, accordeons etc.

-New FULL STEREO samples (drums, accordeons, pianos etc.)

-Stereo samples loadable/editable

-Improved vocal harmonizer

-USB to Device

-USB-FDD

-Dual RGB output with separate master/slave dedication

-Textviewer

-HD Recording with 4-track direct-to-audio possibility and syncronized playback with OPTIONAL HDD

-Downward compatible with Tyros-registers, files, settings, hardware

-Newly developed cabinet using the latest in polymer technology

-Newly constructed Music stand

#98396 - 08/14/05 10:30 PM Re: Some info about Tyros-2
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Yada Yada Yada....

No 76 keys, no 256 note polyphony (at least from the specs that have been revealed so far). More bucks $$$, but no sizzle in my humble opinion.

And it has been reported if you buy one and don't secure it at all times it may suddenly fly away.

I could be wrong (about the specs) and Yamaha may indeed surprise us all. But don't hold your breath. I know I won't.

Best regards,
Mike

#98397 - 08/14/05 11:45 PM Re: Some info about Tyros-2
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
That link doesn't seem to work for me.

As far as the new Tyros 2, I think we'll have to wait to see it, hear it and try it ourselves. But, when you consider the great improvement in the guitars using mega voices, then I personally am very much looking forward to hearing all of these new mega voices along with the super articulation not to mention the other new features.

As far as not being the right number of keys or touch, if you like the rest of it there's nothing stopping anybody from getting whatever contoller keyboard that suits their fancy. And actually, from my veiwpoint as a player and teacher, 61 keys is plenty unless someone is playing classical, which I don't think is very much the case. But, I'd be interested in hearing the opinions of those that want 76 or whatever number of keys as to why it is necessary. I have never really understood this argument. So, please inform me so that I can understand and become convinced.

On the other hand for those that for whatever reason feel they need 76 keys, I wonder what's keeping them getting one of those 50 pound brand X keyboards and put it in their light weight 20 pound case, instead of always going blah, blah, blah about it like we all do, including myself on our pet gripes? We're funny creatures when you get right down to it and the SZ forum is a great testing groud. haha

Best
Scott

#98398 - 08/15/05 01:57 AM Re: Some info about Tyros-2
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
The link didn't work for me either.

I'm with you Scott re. 76-note boards. And if you're a classical musician, isn't 88 notes de rigeur?

#98399 - 08/15/05 02:44 AM Re: Some info about Tyros-2
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Scott,
I just received my brand new Roland A-37 and it works great! I can now control my Tyros with the left hand and, at the same time, either my Motif ES rack or my Roland Fantom XR with the right hand (I can even layer the sounds from both the Tyros and one of the modules).
The funny thing is that now my Tyros sounds better than ever, because the A 37 has different velocity curves, that apparently squeeze out of the Tyros every bit of its sound. Not to mention the wider keys (they are not as pleasant to play as the G 70, but for 500 euros what can I pretend?)

#98400 - 08/15/05 04:48 AM Re: Some info about Tyros-2
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
To address Scott's point about bringing a controller in lieu of the Tyros having 76 keys:

1. After having spent $3000.00 for a keyboard, why should we have to bring more equipment to backfill for a key missing feature! I want to go to a gig with ONE keyboard and ONE sound system.

2. I already bring another keyboard to play along with the Tyros which has a different sound engine to complement the Tyros sounds. I would now have to bring 3 keyboards, or midi-up my second keyboard to the Tyros. It's a lot of fiddling with buttons to bounce back and forth between a keyboards internal sounds and using it as an external controller.

3. Most new high end professional arranger boards have 76 keys in this price range. Why can't Yamaha get this point?

C'mon Yamaha, give me my 76 keys!!!!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#98401 - 08/15/05 05:00 AM Re: Some info about Tyros-2
Kenneth Gundersen Offline

Loc: Lyngdal in Norway
I can't get the link to work either, but http://www.tyros2.net does work and I guess you find almost the same information.

#98402 - 08/15/05 06:27 AM Re: Some info about Tyros-2
Clif Anderson Offline

61 v 76.

I examined some of my favorite songbooks and found that some of the piano parts cannot be played as written on a 61-note keyboard, but (almost?) all could be played on a 76-note keyboard. Songs with a range of greater than 5 octaves are not uncommon. But, ever for piano parts with ranges of five octaves or less, a keyboard with more than five octaves may be required. For example, a piano part to have a range that includes "B" below the bass clef and "D" above the treble clef; this range is less than five octaves, but cannot be played on a C-C 61-note keyboard without transposition.

While I am at it, let me say that the Nord Electro 72 form factor is really attractive. 22 lbs, 6 octaves (73-note), compact. I am not going to get one because it is missing other features I want, but the size and weight are great.

#98403 - 08/15/05 06:34 AM Re: Some info about Tyros-2
Dnj Offline

http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/NE273topLarge-49b459b5a1606a267176323d21830e16.jpg

Nord Electro 72

#98404 - 08/15/05 12:44 PM Re: Some info about Tyros-2
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi kbrkr

Yes, nobody likes to haul anymore than the bare minimum including me.

It sounds like your other kb isn't 76 notes either? I'm wondering what sounds their are on the other kb that aren't on th Tyros or maybe not to your liking that you can't just take just one of them.

I agree it'd be nice to have it just the way you want it for whatever reasons. 61 soft touch is perfect for me, but I know there are some that prefer 76. I think Yamaha has from past experience found that the vast majority of people using an arranger kb use 61 notes and that it's not worth producing the other.

I still wish they madea a good usable Tyros module. I'd buy that like yesterday! As it is I just bought a Ketron Midjay. Pretty nice box really. I'm testing it out right now to see if it makes sense for me to keep. If not, I'll put it up for sale. It's the only way to try this thing.

Best
Scott

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online