SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#97713 - 02/12/06 11:15 PM Most compact setup ever??
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I was looking through some old photos on my computer and came across the ones I took a couple of years ago. I was using PSR2000, Logitech Z2200 speakers, laptop for lyrics, and Creative Labs Jukebox for recording.
I used a single-space mixer and Peavey Deltafex Twin effects unit, both mounted in the aluminum box under the keyboard. Gary D. built the box. Check it out. http://donmasonmusic.com/temp%20photos/Photos%20of%20new%20rig/
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 02-12-2006).]

#97714 - 02/12/06 11:59 PM Re: Most compact setup ever??
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Don
Thanks for the pics of your former setup which are very interesting to me .
What a neat and compact job you made of the setup. Obviously a lot of thought went into the design of it and it looks as if the result was just about perfect.
I am particularly interested in the positioning of everything for ease of use, especially the Nomad Jukebox3 . I have asked you in the past about this recorder and had to visualise its setup but now I have a pic!
I am still looking for a reasonably priced Jukebox3 on eBay , not found one yet.
By the way, I already listened several times to your mp3 and wma of 'Lyin Eyes'. It's great. It shows that you are a true professional to be able to come up with a 'request number' and cope extremely well with it without your laptop and prompts.
The recording is more entertaining to me than the 'studio' type recordings because it is 'real' and 'this is it folks!'
More please,Don.
cheers
Eddie Johnson

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#97715 - 02/13/06 03:57 AM Re: Most compact setup ever??
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Awesome Pics, Don. Obviously, you breakdown the Laptop and the keyboard when you pack up. What else get's packed away? I like what you did with the case, rack units, and the power supply.

Too bad you couldn't put wheels on that stand and just roll the whole thing to the car, fold it, and slip it into the trunk. That would be cool.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#97716 - 02/13/06 05:24 AM Re: Most compact setup ever??
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Don:

Very neat setup. That's to say not using the word "neat" as a substitue for cool or nice setup. Neat in the sense not a lot of wires strung all over the place. It's compactness is great as well.

#97717 - 02/13/06 06:48 AM Re: Most compact setup ever??
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don ... thnx for the pics ... Steve is right about how neat it looks ...
t.

#97718 - 02/13/06 07:02 AM Re: Most compact setup ever??
DonM Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Awesome Pics, Don. Obviously, you breakdown the Laptop and the keyboard when you pack up. What else get's packed away? I like what you did with the case, rack units, and the power supply.

Too bad you couldn't put wheels on that stand and just roll the whole thing to the car, fold it, and slip it into the trunk. That would be cool.

Al

The aluminum case that held the mixer, effects unit and all the cables goes into a keyboard bag. The two high-end speakers, along with the sub-bass cabinet goes into a canvas Walmart bag. I no longer use this setup since I got the Bose pas.
Believe me I have THOUGHT about a one-unit rig on rollers. I guess we could go back to organs, if they made them light enough!
DonM

#97719 - 02/18/06 11:15 AM Re: Most compact setup ever??
TresorTX Offline

Loc: Dallas, Boston, Orlando
Where can you find the raw materials, tubing, connectors and laptop holders used to assemble your compact stand?

PSR S900
Korg PA1XPRO
Kurzweil PC3X
Logitech Z

#97720 - 02/18/06 11:35 AM Re: Most compact setup ever??
DonM Offline

The stand and all the parts are made by Ultimate Support. I'm sure they are still available, but I've had mine for many years.
I have one to fit a 76-note kb and another to fit a 61-note kb. Plus I have accumulated quite a few extra parts from previous configurations.
DonM

#97721 - 02/18/06 11:40 AM Re: Most compact setup ever??
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The stand is no longer commercially available and no longer appears on the manufacturers web site. It is an Ultimate "A" Frame stand with a two-tier setup. The top arms and accessories were also from Ultimate.

The two-rack box beneath the keyboard is one that I custom made for DNJ, which he eventually sent to Don Mason.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#97722 - 02/18/06 12:45 PM Re: Most compact setup ever??
DonM Offline

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online