SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#97639 - 12/23/01 11:18 AM Does aynone know if there is a FREE keyboard magazine?
ComposerRyan Offline

Hi, does anyone know if a person could receive a FREE keyboard magazine or some type of packet in the mail?

I was wondering this because I would really enjoy reading and looking at pictures of keyboards like Yamaha's PSR series, Roland, General Music, and other keyboards and synthesizers. I'm not sure if anyone sends free magazines or packets in the mail similar to what I am asking, but if anyone knows please let me know, I would really appreciate it!

Well, you all have a Merry Christmas and have a peaceful and enjoyable Holiday!
Ryan

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#97640 - 12/24/01 12:03 AM Re: Does aynone know if there is a FREE keyboard magazine?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
There is no financial incentive for magazine publishers to provide free magazines in the mail.

The only keyboard magazine I know of that you can get for free in the mail is the Roland User Group magazine. Obviously it only deals in Roland/Boss gear, but all the same it is worth reading for info on new Roland releases. You can apply for a free subscription.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-24-2001).]

#97641 - 12/24/01 12:33 AM Re: Does aynone know if there is a FREE keyboard magazine?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi,
I have recieved the "Roland Inside" magazine
for many years, I think I have the complete
collection, and it is as Nigel says here, much
good stuff in it, and worth reading.
Not only about new releases, but also many
articles about midi, how to do things etc.
Merry Christmas
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#97642 - 12/24/01 07:03 AM Re: Does aynone know if there is a FREE keyboard magazine?
Big Red Offline

Loc: Canada
Hey Nigel,
I opened up the link to the Roland User Group magazine subscription, but the form will only accept U.S. States and Zips. How do I go about taking advantage of this offer from here in Canada?
Best regards and Merry Christmas,
Big Red

#97643 - 12/24/01 09:18 AM Re: Does aynone know if there is a FREE keyboard magazine?
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Big Red,
Get you a PO Box here in the states & come down once a wk. & pick it up! he-he!
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!
All the best,
Nobby

------------------

#97644 - 12/24/01 01:10 PM Re: Does aynone know if there is a FREE keyboard magazine?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi Big Red
Try to send a e-mail, it might be the solution.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#97645 - 12/24/01 10:40 PM Re: Does aynone know if there is a FREE keyboard magazine?
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
I get the Roland/Boss User Group magazine. I also get a very similar style magazine from Korg. It comes about 4 times a year. Naturally, based on Korg products, but sometimes interesting articles. I don't remember how I signed up for it. Maybe when I registered my Korg iS40?
Tom

#97646 - 12/26/01 01:48 AM Re: Does aynone know if there is a FREE keyboard magazine?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Although Roland Canada are currently under construction you can try filling out their contact form and see if they send you out Roland newsletters.

#97647 - 12/27/01 02:34 PM Re: Does aynone know if there is a FREE keyboard magazine?
ComposerRyan Offline

Thanks everyone for the helpful responses, I really appreciate it! I'll check out all that info you gave me and see if I can find a keyboard magazine subscription for free!

Again, thanks a lot! Your replies are VERY helpful to me, and if anyone else knows anything else about free keyboard magazines, please let me know! I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas! Have a Happy New Year!
Ryan

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online