I just bought an E-50 and was looking around on the internet and saw your post, you said you wished there was a way to shut off the speakers when plugged into a larger sound system, problem solved take a 1/4 inch headphone adapter plug and insert it into the headphone out. Dave

Quote:
Originally posted by greenkidd:
Hello to everyone

I have been reading a lot of posts on this list for the past few months and wanted to pass on my impressions of my new Roland E-50. I was originally considering getting a G-70 but decided to wait and see what the E series would produce. First of all let me tell you a little about myself. I am a lifelong musician who started on trumpet and moved on to more guitar/singer/writer activities as I got older. I have been composing in midi since it's inception and have become pretty skilled in the DAW/recording world.

This is my first arranger. Up to now I never would have considered buying one mainly because I'm not a performing piano player. I have been getting increasingly interested in recent efforts by Yamaha, Korg, and Roland. I had a chance to check out a PSR-3000 at a local Sam Ash and thought it was pretty cool but I"m glad I waited. It's seems like the "cheese" factor of these arrangers is a thing of the past. The latest arrangers are excellent for songwriters who need help creating backing tracks, etc. I'm really in awe. After a lot of research I decided on the Roland because I like Roland sounds, but the real reason was the styles. I am not disappointed. The interface is easy and intuitive. The ability to load additional styles from a 1 GB PC Card I purchased means endless extensibility. This thing is a lot bigger than what I thought. The only thing I wished they would supply is a way to turn the speakers off. This would be handy when the keyboard is plugged into a larger system.

I also wanted to give a shout out to George Kaye who I bought the arranger from. Great price and very helpful. Also, Zuki...your reviews were very helpful.

thanks to all!
Brian