SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#97096 - 01/19/04 08:51 PM Yes! Yes! Yes! I got a Lil" Green Monster"
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I just won it on ebay for $265.O1 plus shipping. It's 3 years old but I don't think it was used much. He said it was in good shape. Just a couple of nicks on it.

So far, the 3 things I got off of ebay before, a Nono Verb, a Powered Mixer and an EC5 Korg foot switch were all in the good condition they said they would be.

I now have a like new slightly used 50 watt 4 channel Rogue Roller Pa for swap or sale.

I also have a 100 watt RMS(brand) stereo 4 channel Powered Mixer with extra RCA jacks and other standard typical powered mixer outputs and inputs for sale or swap, I hadn't use it since I bought the Rogue last year.

If I really like the Carvin AG100D I just won, I may want to get the matching speaker for it.

If I do, I may have a Mackie 808s Stereo Powered Mixer and a pair of Peavey TLS 15" speakers also.

I've always wanted a one piece do it all. I'm hoping the Lil' Green Monster for small venues will work and perhaps a matching for extra sound will work for the size venues I'll play.

All of my gear is like new. All of it's been out 2 maybe 3 times. The Rogue is what stays in my studio for the keyboard. The Mackie and the RMS powered mixer are in the room just looking at me.

#97097 - 01/20/04 08:55 AM Re: Yes! Yes! Yes! I got a Lil" Green Monster"
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
The Mackie is a monster powered mixer. I have one myself and have never had anything so clean, strong and mean. Anyone looking for a great 8 channel board should check this one out - a little on the heavy side, but WOW!

Good luck, Brickboo

#97098 - 01/20/04 12:42 PM Re: Yes! Yes! Yes! I got a Lil" Green Monster"
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I think you will be very happy with the Carvin. I own an older version (black cover, no effects chips). I also have the green cabinet you are thinking about. It was shipped to me in error and it looked so cool I just kept it.(It's still in the box.

I've had my three channel "one piece wonder" for about 6 years. It's great for up to 200 people. I use it for my MS60, a Godin nylon string and a vocal mike. The only downside is
there are no RCA in's, which I need for a CD player for breaks. I now use a small 200 watt
six channel Carvin head and two Carvin 12" cabinets. The head is small and light and only $299.00. If it is damaged beyond repair (that's happened twice outside), I throw it away and buy another one.

Good luck with Carvin. My first purchase from them was a doubleneck 6 and 12 in 1962.

Russ

#97099 - 01/20/04 01:59 PM Re: Yes! Yes! Yes! I got a Lil" Green Monster"
brickboo Offline

Russ,
Have you consider an adapter from radio shack going from RCA to 1/4. this works on some of the contraptions I have here at home.

#97100 - 01/20/04 03:27 PM Re: Yes! Yes! Yes! I got a Lil" Green Monster"
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I have considered an adapter and used them, but I'm using all three channels, and the adapters are a little flimsy. Also, I need a
separate volume control for the CD channel
(I use a player with a line out). I have also used a Mixpad 9 mixer into the line channel, which is extremely quiet and gives me more channels than I need. But that's sort of a toss-up between in cabinet and a six channel head with effects, vs, a submixer, a ART effects box for vocals. a boss delay for guitar, extra cords a power supply for the Mixpad, etc. I'm actually looking at the latest "green" version of what you just bought. I think the difference is two effect chips, which is useful when I use a guitar and a vocal mike.

The unit you have is GREAT as an acoustic guitar amplifer and a low volume bass amplifier. I use it on all my nylon string jobs and my fretless and upright bass jobs.

The CArvin folks have always been great to work with. When they shipped me the wrong cabinet (the green one that matches your new unit), they acknowledged the error, and, because I kept it, they shipped me some long PA cables and a passable vocal mike, no charge.

Enjoy!

Russ

#97101 - 01/20/04 06:24 PM Re: Yes! Yes! Yes! I got a Lil" Green Monster"
brickboo Offline

I bought it because the ebay info said it has two effects. I hope that isn't the wrong info.

The one I tried from Carvin for 10 days last year had the 2 effects.
Boo

#97102 - 01/20/04 07:18 PM Re: Yes! Yes! Yes! I got a Lil" Green Monster"
Gord Offline

Loc: Kelowna,British Columbia,Canad...
Hi
I had 'the little green monster' (Carvin) for about 3 years. Great little amp-but don't
add an extra passive (non-powered) speaker. Look on their web site & you will see-there is no rating specified when you add another speaker.What Carvin does-is wire the output - so that when you add another speaker-it is placed in series. So this means your 100 watt amp now has twice the load resistance & the power now drops down to around 50 watts. Then each speaker can only get 25 watts. I tried to contact Carvin & ask them to produce a powered 'green extention speaker' no luck!

#97103 - 01/20/04 08:05 PM Re: Yes! Yes! Yes! I got a Lil" Green Monster"
brickboo Offline

Gord thanks for the info. I'll probably just use it for small (jobs) for Dave, but I mean gigs and kepp my Mackie for other things.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online