SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96694 - 01/09/04 02:26 PM New song, No title, Same ol same ol!
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi all,
Picture this..... You find someone who has caught your attention in a big way. You spend months obsessing.... Dare you ask them out? Will they like you? Are they out of your league?

Then one day they finally notice you exist......just when you least expect it. Do they discover you when you are involved in some noble pursuit, do they see you helping old ladies across the road? Are you all suited and booted looking a million dollars?

LIKE HECK! They always seem to catch you in your finest yard sweeping outfit or doing something you ought not be. AT least that is how it always happens (happened) to me.

Well I wrote this to tell the tale a little better (hopefully)! It has no title as I only wrote it last night.

GET IT HERE!

Hope you like it.
Best to all
Tony

#96695 - 01/09/04 02:30 PM Re: New song, No title, Same ol same ol!
Dnj Offline

Tony....

Great tune....love those minor chords!!

thanx for sharing

#96696 - 01/09/04 02:41 PM Re: New song, No title, Same ol same ol!
Tony W Offline

Hi Donny,
Happy New Year to you my friend. I have been doing those minor chords so long now that I have forgotton how to do anything else
Best Wishes
Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony W (edited 01-09-2004).]

#96697 - 01/09/04 07:43 PM Re: New song, No title, Same ol same ol!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tony, you're a great talent, but look out-that's almost Country! Good lyrics, good sound.
DonM

#96698 - 01/09/04 11:42 PM Re: New song, No title, Same ol same ol!
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
You can tell it's a Tony..
Really love all your work... I was at your site just yesterday... Never heard...Stiff upper lip.. I thought that was a cool tune..
Send me a CD if you've got one... I'm employed and can afford to pay for it if you like???
Let me know
Or I could just download all your stuff and make my own cd?
WOW that would cost me nothing? MMM, I'll have to think that over..
DJ

[This message has been edited by beachbum (edited 01-09-2004).]

#96699 - 01/10/04 03:21 AM Re: New song, No title, Same ol same ol!
trtjazz Offline

Tony
I'm a big fan of your story telling ability, which to me is the key to great cuts and this one falls into that catagory. I like this cut very much as well, I would just push the acoustic guitar back a tiny bit in the mix otherwise the rest is super. Another 2 thumbs up cut.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#96700 - 01/10/04 08:51 AM Re: New song, No title, Same ol same ol!
Tony W Offline

Hi Don,
Glad you liked it.......Almost country eh? I'm making the transition in small stages Tony W to Tammy W in 42 easy stages

Hi DJ
Sorry my friend.... I tried to 'belt it out' a bit more just for you (I remember you said you would like me to belt out a note or two) but I can't even raise my voice when speaking without squeaking (ruins the effect in an argument) and it is even worse when singing. Soft spoken and soft by nature thats me Glad you liked 'Stiff Upper Lip' .... that only started out as a bit of fun (I must write better when I am not trying to write better !) I am doing a rehash of my website at the mo so will post it up soon with some new songs. I liked the flash site but it is a pain in the harris to edit so I am going back to HTML!

Terry,
Thanks for your kind words. I agree that the guitar needs to be pushed back. I mixed this in a bit of a hurry as te rest of the house was in bed and I did not want to make too much noise. I have found that appreciation of my work decreases the later it gets and the earlier my partner has to get up for work I need a soundproof shed in the garden I think as I do most of my writing at night. (suffer from dreadful insomnia).

Thanks again all
Tony

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online