SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96683 - 04/23/02 04:12 AM How do I connect MS100 to a MIDI interface? Please...
David Ryu Offline

Okay, I bought a MIDI cabel, connected the keyboard to MIDI in/out interface on my soundcard, went under MPU-401 interface and installed a new MIDI instrument. However, when I select MPU-401 as a MIDI instrument then, it doesnt even make a squeak. Please, Ketron users, help me... Do I need some software (drivers?) ? Or should it be working, meaning my cable is wrong, i connected it wrongly or my MIDI interface is dead?

#96684 - 04/23/02 10:17 AM Re: How do I connect MS100 to a MIDI interface? Please...
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi David,
On your sound card you have 2 midi jacks. Right?
I've never hooked my board to my CP.
But I've hooked 2 KBs together!
That takes two midi cables.
You plug a cable from the output jack of your KB to the input jack of your sound bd.
Then the second cable from the output jack of your sound board to the input jack of your KB.
I know that this is right if you have midi in & out jacks on your sound card.
Hope this helps.
Nobby

------------------

#96685 - 04/23/02 09:53 PM Re: How do I connect MS100 to a MIDI interface? Please...
Midnite Rider Offline

Loc: Whittier, CA, USA
David,

There's usually only one cable (two MIDI ends)on a joystick MIDI connection, but Knobby got the key, The cable marked [in] plugs into the [MIDI out] of the keyboard and vici vercy.

Midnite

#96686 - 04/24/02 03:33 AM Re: How do I connect MS100 to a MIDI interface? Please...
David Ryu Offline

thanks, guys...but, i have connected the keyboard to CP already, using a cable which has midi/joystick jack on one end (into the soundcard) and two round jacks (midi in, and midi out) into the keyboard. However i get no sound when selecting MPU401 (as written before)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online