SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96641 - 05/02/02 07:35 PM Korg Titon LE / Karma?
wyred4sound Offline

Loc: Rothesay, NB, Canada
I'm wondering if anyone here has tried either the Korg Titon LE or KARMA workstations? I'm looking for opinions, and even suggestions of other boards comparable to either of these. I've just recently started looking into the Korg line. I will be the first to admit, I'm a big Yamaha fan, but I'm looking for something more ...

Thanks,
Pete

#96642 - 05/02/02 09:58 PM Re: Korg Titon LE / Karma?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Pete,
About a month ago I had a chance to try a "Karma" I liked it- ~~alot~~ But it is not an Arranger KB so , at least for awhile I`ll be sticking to my PSR2000. The thing that I realy liked about the "Karma" was the build quality, very solid and it could do Appreg`s very very well Don`t know much about the "Triton LE" sorry!!!
O-BTW,, Welcome to our family or as I like to say "Our corner of the web" It growing bigger all the time and they are all great people
jedi

#96643 - 05/02/02 10:44 PM Re: Korg Titon LE / Karma?
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
The Major difference between the Karma and the Triton is that Karma is geared more towards live music (even though its not an arranger) while Triton is more of a Studio type guy. Both synths sound superb in my opinion, but I guess u might to look at the difference in options on each one and best of all check them out for urself to decide.

Good luck

#96644 - 05/02/02 10:54 PM Re: Korg Titon LE / Karma?
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
The Major difference between the Karma and the Triton is that Karma is geared more towards live music (even though its not an arranger) while Triton is more of a Studio type guy. Both synths sound superb in my opinion, but I guess u might to look at the difference in options on each one and best of all check them out for urself to decide.

Good luck

#96645 - 05/03/02 07:53 AM Re: Korg Titon LE / Karma?
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by wyred4sound:
I'm wondering if anyone here has tried either the Korg Titon LE or KARMA workstations? I'm looking for opinions, and even suggestions of other boards comparable to either of these. I've just recently started looking into the Korg line. I will be the first to admit, I'm a big Yamaha fan, but I'm looking for something more ...

Thanks,
Pete

I own the korg Karma.I agree that it's really good for live preformance.actully it's got every thing the Triton LE(Except for the sampler)plus the MOss board and the Exbs that you can add to increase the waveform in the karma. same sequencer. even more insert effects if you like to use the internal sequencer and make it more creative.

that's all that I can think of right now but I can tell you there is more in the karma!

------------------
Vic:)

#96646 - 05/03/02 07:54 AM Re: Korg Titon LE / Karma?
vic83 Offline

Quote:

Thanks,
Pete

I own the korg Karma.I agree that it's really good for live preformance.actully it's got every thing the Triton LE(Except for the sampler)plus the MOss board and the Exbs that you can add to increase the waveform in the karma. same sequencer. even more insert effects if you like to use the internal sequencer and make it more creative.

that's all that I can think of right now but I can tell you there is more in the karma!

------------------

#96647 - 05/03/02 07:55 AM Re: Korg Titon LE / Karma?
vic83 Offline

Quote:

Thanks,
Pete

------------------

#96648 - 05/03/02 08:03 AM Re: Korg Titon LE / Karma?
vic83 Offline

Quote:

Thanks,
Pete

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online