SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96395 - 10/11/02 07:17 AM Synergi 200 Soundfont
Wazza Offline

Loc: Sonnega, Friesland, The Nether...
I have a question regarding the Synergi 200 Soundfont.
I've been looking for a way to improve the sounds of my keyboard (GEM PK7), I have tried many free soundfonts (Fluid, Jurgen, Fanta etc.), I think they sound nice, but not like a professional arranger keyboard.
And I cannot load them in Win XP (My system crashes, I'm using a SBlive!),
So is the Synergi 200 Soundfont a good way to sound better?, and does it sound better then the free (huge) soundfonts?
And most important, can it replace the sounds of a $2000 arranger keyboard?
I've tried to download/play some mp3 demos, but I get an internal server error.
I was hoping that someone can help me out.
Thanks in advance

Greetz,
Marcel

#96396 - 10/11/02 07:51 AM Re: Synergi 200 Soundfont
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Wazza:
I have a question regarding the Synergi 200 Soundfont.
I've been looking for a way to improve the sounds of my keyboard (GEM PK7), I have tried many free soundfonts (Fluid, Jurgen, Fanta etc.), I think they sound nice, but not like a professional arranger keyboard.
And I cannot load them in Win XP (My system crashes, I'm using a SBlive!),
So is the Synergi 200 Soundfont a good way to sound better?, and does it sound better then the free (huge) soundfonts?
And most important, can it replace the sounds of a $2000 arranger keyboard?
I've tried to download/play some mp3 demos, but I get an internal server error.
I was hoping that someone can help me out.
Thanks in advance

Greetz,
Marcel

I am very familiar with the Synergi soundfonts, I produced a number of demos for them using the pads soundfont. They represent extremely good value for money and are certainly very good compared to some of the cheap soundfonts you will find on the market. I dont have any experience with the 200 font, though I will be contacting them shortly and will ask them about the new sounds.

Regards
Simon

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#96397 - 10/12/02 03:41 AM Re: Synergi 200 Soundfont
Wazza Offline

Loc: Sonnega, Friesland, The Nether...
Simon & Frank

Thank you very much,
I really hope that they fix the internal server error, so I can listen to the mp3's.

Greetz,
Marcel

#96398 - 10/12/02 06:56 AM Re: Synergi 200 Soundfont
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Soundblaster Live can handle up to half of your computer's ram if you upgrade to the Liveware 3.0 package. ( It is freeware from Creative labs and should still be available for download ). Another point to consider is that with Audigy there were many user complaints concerning soundfont play. I haven't followed up to see if these have been addressed, but if you are considering an "upgrade" from SBL to Audigy it is worthwhile to look into. The primary reason I use SBL is for soundfont play. I ultimately passed on the Audigy and installed a Delta Audiophile 2448 card for audio work instead.

I agree with you Wazza about the freeware soundfonts. Another thing to consider though... Effects. I'm sure Frank can point you in a better direction than I can, as my experience is somewhat limited with computer wavetables, but I tried something that enhanced the way my soundfonts sound. I routed them out at low level directly into my arranger Keyboard's input ( The PA80 ). The PA80 has excellent effects that can be imposed upon any input into the machine. It makes a world of difference. If I want to record the finished product I merely send it back out to my audiophile soundcard. Since SB live seems to sync almost perfectly with my playing, I can add a soundfont sample to what I'm already playing on the PA80 and enhance the sound or make a new layer. I'm sure that there ways to enhance the effects in real time from within the computer, but although I dabbled a little with a couple of programs, I had some latency issues with them.

AJ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online