SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#96263 - 11/07/03 08:46 AM Re: Music Workstations and Learning Curve
trtjazz Offline

Aj & NY,
This is a fact not only with Yamaha but I suspect all the board companies (or many others too) they are in competition not cooperation.

Aj add to the plg saga, trying to pick something to use in pattern mode from one of the plg boards...and that's an hour excursion into the menus to make it happen.

I like this board very much but the o/s to ME sucks the worst of anything I have ever owned, including my computers.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#96264 - 11/07/03 06:01 PM Re: Music Workstations and Learning Curve
S0C9 Offline

Loc: NRH, TX, USA
AJ,
I'm WITH you on the PA80 !! I LIKE it for the most part. It does what it does well, and like most other boards, most of it comes down to preference. As you know, I've converted hundreds of [public domain] program formats over to the PA80, so I've spent quite a bit of time inside the PA - yes, I hate the stupid menu nav, but once you get it down, it's no better or worse than the PSR's.

I don't intend to start a side-thread/discussion here, but ALL arrangers basically provide the same function (as do workstations) for better or worse. It irks me when I hear "The horns on the PA80 suck", or "The Mo's acoustic piano is mediocre". That's conjecture and opinion, and can be discussed at great lenght. Some will definitely spend time arguing whether "That's a fact Jack !". LOL

ALL OS'es have flaws. None are perfect. NONE !! No-one'd make any more boards if they were !! That's why one should try them all out before you decide to buy. It's what I did when I briefly owned the Mo'. I didn't like the OS once I dug into it more - so it went back. However, FWIW, I have to admit that the keys (at least on the unit I got) had the best darn feel of ANY board of that size or price range - bar none !! I'm not sure I'd want to try to convince the wife that I want to buy the perfect workstation/arranger that just came on the market - ONLY $6000 each. Ha !! It was tough enuf with my other's !! LOL

The PA has done fine for me when I've used it live - and it's a whole heck of a lot lighter than my Triton Studio too !!
Regards,
Steve

[This message has been edited by S0C9 (edited 11-07-2003).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online