SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96218 - 10/31/05 05:30 PM Power Tracks pro 10 - New Features
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1985.html

Above is the KVR link to power Tracks Pro 10. They have finally added the features that kept me from being very interested in it before.... Piano Roll editing, ASIO support, drag and drop editing and time stretch / pitch change for audio tracks.

While it will host DX apps, still no support for Vst, but at 50 bucks or so this still looks like it could be a great value for the dollar. Also, if you really need Vst capability you could add the Cakewalk Vst-DX adapter or DirectiXer for another 50 bucks or so and still be well under the cost of an app like Sonar or even Sonar Home Studio.

Great job from PG music to bring this app up to snuff vs the competiton at a great price.

AJ

#96219 - 11/01/05 12:47 AM Re: Power Tracks pro 10 - New Features
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi AJ,
I haven't updated mine as yet, but the program certainly keeps improving. It's great value for money.

Don't know whether you're aware ( or even interested) that Jammer has now brought out vers 6.. Main difference appears to be that styles can now be created from midifiles.

best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 11-01-2005).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#96220 - 11/01/05 01:15 AM Re: Power Tracks pro 10 - New Features
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Hi Rikki,

I have seen that Jammer 6 is out. I upgraded from version 4 to version 5 and initially was a little disappointed in it. The earlier versions were fairly straightforward to use and there was a more "random" feel to them. They resembled some of the old Atari fractal music apps to me, but with more control over the end result. While I never found those kinds of apps useful for writing entire songs, in using them I would often stumble upon phrases that I thought were pretty cool and probably wouldn't have thought up on my own. I also liked Jammer as a drum machine, but once FL Studio evolved a bit I made the switch.

I can see why others would like the newer versions though as they are probably better for creating good songs. I pretty much stopped using Jammer at version 5, and unfortunately version 4 and earlier versions aren't all that stable on my xp machines and tend to crash more than they did on Windows ME and 98.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 11-01-2005).]

#96221 - 11/01/05 06:39 AM Re: Power Tracks pro 10 - New Features
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I upgraded to Power Tracks 10 a while back. I thought the added improvements were worth it but I haven't gotten around to using it much yet. I have been mostly using my Sound Forge 7.0 for recording purposes lately.

For the price though Power Tracks is a great deal in my opinion. It has received high praises from professional review sites as well.

Best regards,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online