SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#96182 - 02/16/07 01:43 PM Re: Tyros III
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Ian,

It didn't originate here but at SVPworld and then continued here. I bought the Tyros because somebody at Yamaha tech support told me it was the end all be all PROFESSIONAL keyboard. Yup something like that is just what he said.

It took only a couple months to realize I was hoodwinked.

But thanks though.

Danny

#96183 - 02/16/07 01:51 PM Re: Tyros III
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I understand, Danny, my hood has been winked a few times as well.

If only they would have improved and expanded the PSR-9000 Pro, along with more factory support, there be a truly pro arranger on our keyboard stands today.

Ian

------------------
Cha d’dhùin doras nach d’fhosgail doras.

#96184 - 02/16/07 04:13 PM Re: Tyros III
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, at least this shows we're not the crazy 'my arranger, right or wrong' crowd......

The more we voice publicly what we are dissatisfied with in our current arranger, the more likely the manufacturers are to addressing our needs. But Yamaha seem to be believing their own, and the 'crazies' hype more than listening to what we ACTUALLY want....

Maybe the T2 IS perfect as is, and doesn't EVER need updates (or even many bugfixes!), but I don't see a lot of WELL REASONED evidence for that! Just the pack, yipping away.....

#96185 - 02/16/07 05:19 PM Re: Tyros III
ianmcnll Offline

Oh Great Yamaha...we worship your superior workmanship, your triumphant SA voices and faultless OS.

Lead us on to PSR-S900 and the yet to come Tyros 3.

We keep the faith, baby...woof woof!

Ian

------------------

#96186 - 02/16/07 06:27 PM Re: Tyros III
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Well, it ain't no arranger but I think Neko has just about got it right now.
http://www.openlabs.com/products/product_info-neko64.htm

Prior to Tyros, I have been a lifelong advocate and supporter of Yamaha. BUT my Tyros convinced me to do otherwise for the rest of my life. At least to the tune of $30 to 50K in lost revenue for them someone else will have to makeup.

As I said then (2003) the thing should have been recalled. It is just a major cluster. I for sure did not buy the C3 diskclavier grand I dreamed of for years for my studio and absolutely won't be buying a Tyros 2, 3 or any other incarnation of the thing. In other words, they (Yamaha) and all their staunch supporters that tried so hard to convince me what a idiot I was totally pi**ed me off. Normally I would never hold a grudge but Yamaha is just way to big, they know what they dumped on the market and some of us were able to put 2 and 2 together. Forgive me gentlemen for I know this is an arranger forum and there are quite a few here that make money with it by selling it or their music. But that shouldn't mean I am forced to say nice things when it is not warranted and I know otherwise regarding it's (Tyros)capabilites.

[This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 02-16-2007).]

#96187 - 02/16/07 07:04 PM Re: Tyros III
ianmcnll Offline

Hey, Danny, it is good to hear you speak your mind.

I can relate to your dissatisfaction with a product...I didn't like the Tyros1 either.

Some products are just brought to market too soon, or too many corners are cut to assure a bigger profit...

I stopped using Roland gear, back in the days of the E-series, after several horrible and embarrasing failures in the middle of jobs that cost me money, and dented my reputation...it's probably better made stuff today, but I'd never take the chance again.

The Neko looks interesting, but I'm afraid it's not a product that would serve my purposes....I need an arranger.

If you do get one, it will be interesting to hear your views on it.

Ian

------------------

#96188 - 02/16/07 07:33 PM Re: Tyros III
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And if any of you are in the Destin FL area, feel free to contact me, and I will do my best to be a fun time!

Diki -

You don't happen to play solo guitar too, do you? I was in Destin a couple years ago and sat in with a solo guitarist. We sang a Crosby, Stills and Nash tune together.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online