SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#96142 - 02/13/07 10:15 AM Re: Tyros III
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
In December 2007 rumours will emerge of a Tyros 3. By March 2008 a picture will be leaked onto the net. The Tyros 3 world launch will be October 2008. Start saving those pennys...

#96143 - 02/13/07 10:16 AM Re: Tyros III
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
In December 2007 rumours will emerge of a Tyros 3. By March 2008 a picture will be leaked onto the net. The Tyros 3 world launch will be October 2008. Start saving those pennys...

#96144 - 02/13/07 10:54 AM Re: Tyros III
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
This is no disrespect to anyone, but seriously though. Even if Yammie released a 76 key version of the TyrosII or Tyros III how many members do you think would complain about the weight?

76 good quality keys are gonna add some weight along with the addition to the body length. Also consider there will be some that will want the 76 key version to have speakers too. That without question is gonna push the weight up. I thought Yammie was really heading in the right direction with the 9000 Pro, but that run didn't last long.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 02-13-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#96145 - 02/13/07 12:49 PM Re: Tyros III
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I want a module version of the PA-800, G-70, and/or the T-2.
Personally, I think that manufacturer support for Korg, Roland and Yamaha are terrible. Thanks to, and if not for, third party groups like PSR tutorial, Korg forums, SynthZone forums, we non-techies would be floundering around and - Gulp ... we would have to actually read and rely on the wonderfully clear manuals.
Most all of the forums have posts complaining about thier specific makers lack of responsiveness.
Ciao,
Jerry

#96146 - 02/13/07 01:07 PM Re: Tyros III
squeak_D Offline

Jerry, I couldn't agree with you more man! There needs to be more fully functional modules of both arrangers and synths/workstations.

What pisses me off is that Yamaha, Korg, and Roland always respond by saying. The "demand isn't there". Man that is such bullsh$#t The demand is there and has ALWAYS been there. If the demand wasn't there then people wouldn't be asking for them.

They must think we the consumers are just really dumb. You don't need a marketing degree to figure it out. Fully functional module versions would compete directly with the keyboard sales. The module version would have to be cheaper. The module version would be more attractive in price compared to the keyboard version. We're always wanting to save space in our setups which is why people continue to demand full featured modules or racks.

I can only imagine the cost of a rack or module version of the professional arrangers. Hell a T2 rack would probably cost $3,000, and Yamaha would use that to justify the price of the current T2.

We can keep askin for them, but I don't see them making them anytime soon. Thankfully Korg has a module version of the M3. However, notice the module is of the M3, a synth all it's own. One that isn't part of the Triton line.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 02-13-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#96147 - 02/13/07 01:26 PM Re: Tyros III
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The small group of people on this forum looking for arranger modules do not constitute a demand.

These companies do a true arranger market research for the wants of the average consumer, not the pro...there is way more money to be made in the amateur/hobbyist market than the pros...it has been proven time and time again.

Tyros1/2, E-80, etc are for amateur hobbyists...not pros.....that's why the only modules will be synth modules.

Roland tried it with the RA series...now discontinued...sales were dismal.

The same follows for 76 note arrangers...the PSR 6700(with speakers) in 1991, and the PSR-9000 Pro(no speakers) in 2000, were both poor sellers...market people don't want poor sellers.

This forum is not realistically indicative of the average arranger user...we all want this and that...but realistically the numbers aren't there.

Ian

------------------
Cha d’dhùin doras nach d’fhosgail doras.

#96148 - 02/13/07 02:00 PM Re: Tyros III
squeak_D Offline

Ian, this forum doesn't in no way represent the number of arranger players out there, nor do the posts indicate the number of indivuduals who are "read only", compared to those that are also posters.

Just because there is just a handful on the zone doesn't mean the demand isn't there. The Zone itself doesn't represent the arranger community as a whole. The need for modules is on both ends (arrangers and synths).

#96149 - 02/13/07 02:49 PM Re: Tyros III
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you go back 10 yrs or more you will find a lot of modules available, and they were used to add (Expand) voices, styles, effects etc of the instrument you were playing, because with the technology of the time a large number of sounds etc could not be incorporated in a single instrument, however with the latest instruments this is no longer the case and so sales of modules would be small.
Another point to note is that better quality softsynths (VSTs) are available at a much cheaper price then a hardware equivalent, (VSTs also tend to make most hardware modules look primitive) and this combined with the fact that a computer (Or Open Keyboard) can have many softsynths available with only a small increase in weight, means that this is the way most people go. (Multiple modules (Expanders) are a pain to set up and need a lot of room, as well as weighing a ton, and this means that only those with roadies would be likely to use them)
Such is the advancement of technology

Bill

#96150 - 02/13/07 02:51 PM Re: Tyros III
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Quote: Jerry T I want a module version of the PA-800, G-70, and/or the T-2.

Quote: squeak_D Jerry, I couldn't agree with you more man! There needs to be
more fully functional modules of both arrangers and synths/workstations.

Keep shouting guys and I will join you -
getting tired of waiting for a good modern module.

I've said before, that if they developed the modules from the flagship keyboards
instead of low / mid range, they would sell them by the cartload and all the guys
who want 76 / 88 keys could be happy at last too.

Tony, Sheffield

#96151 - 02/13/07 03:10 PM Re: Tyros III
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Roland seemed to pull the arranger module thingy off more successfully than the other companies, but demand fell off, and they were no longer made.

Personally, I'd rather have it all in the keyboard where it is all within easy reach...the modules were always a pain.

I don't miss them.

Ian

------------------
Cha d’dhùin doras nach d’fhosgail doras.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online