SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96038 - 07/07/05 01:18 PM Loading GEM Genesys OS on Solton SG-1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can i load GEM Genesys operating system on my SOLTON SG-1 keyboard ???

Is it possible to copy midi and mp3 files direct from computer (PC) to SOLTON SG-1 (over To-Host cable...) ???

#96039 - 07/07/05 01:29 PM Re: Loading GEM Genesys OS on Solton SG-1
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You might want to ask it on the GEM forum. I THINK they are the same keyboard though. Maybe it will work.
DonM

#96040 - 07/07/05 02:31 PM Re: Loading GEM Genesys OS on Solton SG-1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bandit1:
Can i load GEM Genesys operating system on my SOLTON SG-1 keyboard ???

Is it possible to copy midi and mp3 files direct from computer (PC) to SOLTON SG-1 (over To-Host cable...) ???

Hello,

I would suggest you contact Generalmusic Spa in Italy for an answer to your first question. info@generalmusic.com

The "Host" connection on the SG-1 (and Genesys) has the same capabilities as the MIDI IN/OUT/THRU connections. It is not possible to transfer MIDI files or mp3 files via those connections.

Besides, it is more convenient to load these types of files via the internal CD drive and store them on the internal hard drive, especially if your PC is not close to your instrument. Plus you don't have to worry about installing a special serial driver on your computer and put up with the potential problems this can cause. You will probably have your important files back-up to CD anyway, right?

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online