SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#95858 - 01/30/03 02:01 PM GoldWave MP3 recording
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I finally got around to putting one of the WAV/MP3 files on my web page. This one was recorded directly from the PSR-2000 and took less than five minutes to put together. Granted, it's an old song, but then I'm an old guy. Go to www.travlineasy.com and click on MP3 to listen to an old man playing and singing.

Cheers,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 01-30-2003).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#95859 - 01/30/03 03:03 PM Re: GoldWave MP3 recording
trtjazz Offline

Gary,
Well let me start with....cool voice kind of a Roger Whittaker thing happening. The song is well done too.

As far as the recording....here's what I hear. For the music there is no stereo field. The backing tracks were 99% to the right and the voice 100% hard left. As far as sound quality, it just was not there for the backing tracks. The vocals sounded good but the music was very thin and flat, meaning they did not fill the space at all, it was just a very thin, faint sort of sound rather than sounding like you were singing as part of the band.

That's what I hear anyway. No offense meant of course, just an opinon about recording quality.

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#95860 - 01/30/03 03:13 PM Re: GoldWave MP3 recording
travlin'easy Offline

You're absolute right Terry. I mistakingly put the unmixed version up. I just put it up again, however, I was unable to find the stereo version, therefore, I put the mono version on the site. When I get home from tonite's gig I try to find the finished stereo version. Also, when I play back the MP3 songs, they sound thin when compared to the same song as a WAV file. There is a significant difference also between playing the song over computer speakers in comparison to playing it on my home stereo system.

Thanks for the input,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 01-30-2003).]

#95861 - 01/30/03 04:05 PM Re: GoldWave MP3 recording
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hey gary
............ your in the baltimore area ?

Have we every met ? Dano in Perry Hall

------------------
Piano Man's Music City
624 Frederick Rd .
Catonsville Md. 21228
410 747 0200
danosmusic@yahoo.com

#95862 - 01/30/03 04:14 PM Re: GoldWave MP3 recording
travlin'easy Offline

I don't believe so, but you never know. I live in Forest Hill, which is about 20 minutes from Perry Hall. Most of the stuff I've purchased over the past three decades has been from Music Land in Bel Air, and I spend a fair amount time there. You may have seen my "By" line in my newspaper and magazine columns if you are into outdoor sports such as fishing, hunting, boating, hiking, etc. That's my day job. I usually only play music at night.

Cheers,

Gary

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online