SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#95769 - 10/11/00 10:07 AM Re: Midi Files with Lyrics
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn
What do you all mean? I dont need to convert *.KAR files before putting them in my keyboard enyoing the lyrics! Or didn't you mean that? Was it just the PSR640?

Ilija

#95770 - 10/11/00 10:42 AM Re: Midi Files with Lyrics
Roel Offline

Hi guys,

Perhaps I do miss the point of this discussion, but in my opinion ordinary midi-files can contain lyrics as well !!
The are many, many midifiles that have a special 'lyrics' track and many arranger keyboards do have a 'lyrics ON' option.

As far as I remember the KN3000, KN5000, WKx's already had this feature and OF COURSE the modern X1 .... ;-))

So ..... there is no need to search for .KAR files at all : Just find the right midi-files and use the keyboard's display to sing along.

kind regards,

Roel

#95771 - 10/11/00 12:39 PM Re: Midi Files with Lyrics
Danny D Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA, USA
Yeah, I got several midi files from some websites such as Midifarm... that it enable to display lyric to sing
along on my X1! If anyone has other link to other website to download these Lyric Midi files that would be great !!! ))

#95772 - 10/11/00 05:04 PM Re: Midi Files with Lyrics
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi all,
I think it depends on what board you have whether or not the midi files need to be converted.

I had a KN5000 which would only display lyrics if the file (be it .mid or .kar) was converted to SMF 0

The Korg i40m module will play any file without conversion, recognising .mid or .kar files individually

Have just got the Roland EM2000 and that seems to recognise .kar files without the need for conversion.

Also (Ilija) I did come across a prog once that enabled you to put lyrics into midi files. It was shareware and from what I can remember worked quite effectively and was very easy to use. I will have a trawl round the net and see if I can find it if you are interested.

Tony

#95773 - 10/12/00 01:18 AM Re: Midi Files with Lyrics
chacha Offline

Loc: tunisia
Hi
the cakewalk are a good programm to write word on midifile
if your keyboard don't read .kar change it in .mid and after change the format on 0
if you haven't word you can download vanbasco midiplayer and click with right mouse and copy the words to the melody track in cakewalk
if you don't found a melody track you can or play on a new track a rythmique melodie any note
after you copy the text into
you must know that in the .kar people write the words on a marker
i convert a lot of this midifile if you need it mail me saada2@yahoo.fr

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online