SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#95487 - 11/19/05 08:34 PM Re: Nigel please allow me to say goodbye
Beakybird Offline

No te vayas!

Really. You have a lot of valuable insights into gear and gigging.

I enjoy your posts.

Don't divorce the family because of a few black sheep.

Beakybird

#95488 - 11/19/05 08:59 PM Re: Nigel please allow me to say goodbye
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
I hoped for an explanation why this removal.

Being a member of SZ since 1998 was great and many of you became real buddies (close friends)

Good luck to all of you (only 3 exceptions)

Roel you should have received an email from me regarding why I decided to do this. It wasn't because of any one posting but because of the direction it had taken.

I'd be very sorry to see you and Chico leave. If you went anywhere else in the real world where you got on well with everyone except for a few you would be unlikely to stop going there because of that. Of course we can never get on everyone 100% but simply learn which situations to avoid and how to avoid them. Online life is no different from life in the real world.

I really don't want anyone to feel they are under pressure to have to leave. Chico and Roel please reconsider your decisions. You are our friends and we would miss you.

#95489 - 11/19/05 11:50 PM Re: Nigel please allow me to say goodbye
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hello Roel and Chico if you are both still there

I would just like to offer a Senior Citizen's wisdom
Life is far too short.
The older you get, the more you realise this.
In order to survive the journey, we have to rise above it.
Being strong and purposeful keeps us alive.
Riding over the bumps can most times be very satisfying.
My motto has always been "make sure that when it's time to go, your conscience is clear, because when you're gone, there's no turning back"
Stay around a while and enjoy the company of 99% of your friends.
cheers
Eddie JOHNSON (SENIOR CITIZEN!)

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#95490 - 11/20/05 02:21 AM Re: Nigel please allow me to say goodbye
trtjazz Offline

Roel you're welcome at club chops you too chico. Rude behaviour is not tolerated there.

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.musicchops.com/forums/

#95491 - 11/20/05 02:43 AM Re: Nigel please allow me to say goodbye
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Terry,

your invitation is ambigious and incorrect
here. Nigel does his utmost not to have any
rude behaviour here either.

as to Roel,
I may not yet qualify as a "Senior Citizen"
Roel, but I sympathize with Eddie. don't be
discouraged by a few rotten apples in the
basket, to have yourself a picknic as much
as you can.
I am sure 95% of the folks here treasure
your input , as do I.
hartelijke groeten,
John

#95492 - 11/20/05 03:50 AM Re: Nigel please allow me to say goodbye
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
Because this is a general keyboard site,there are contributers from all boards and all levels,and yes you will get extremes,but that is what makes this site so different,we have built up friendships here with lots of good people and you two are both helpful,do you remember about 9 months ago we had an a--hole on this site who was just causing loads of trouble ,insulting people,well he deserved to go ,in fact got kicked out,because he upset everyone,Roel and Chico i missed the post in question,but i would say that you have MORE people who want you to stay,than those who want you to leave,as the song from DIRTY DANCING goes,
Why don,t you stayyyy, just a little bit longerrr,so please please please, ( i don,t know the rest of the words he he)
Its the members (all of us) that makes this site what it is, reconsider, mike

#95493 - 11/20/05 05:03 AM Re: Nigel please allow me to say goodbye
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
As a JUNIOR Member, i've already figured out that my opinion means little or nothing but I'll offer these observations anyway. On most boards such as this, we say that it is about the music. In truth, boards of long duration where a strong cyber-community has developed, invariably become about the people. As in all such communities, strong personalities will emerge. These are usually people who have little or no power in their personal lives OR....just arrogant SOB's that can't tolerate any opinion that deviates from their own. Most newbies venture onto boards such as these looking for "personalized" information on some product they either own or are considering owning. They soon find out the true "personality" of the board and learn that for the first year or so it's better to just read and not post (I'm a slow learner). To Roel, I would say that although I agree with your sentiments, you have to understand that in order to have the freedom to express your opinion, you have to afford the same freedom to the "other guy", no matter how distasteful his opinion may be to you. The real balancing act though, falls to the site administrator, who must decide when to pull the plug. TOO much censorship and you've got a very stagnant (and boring) board. Not enough and you'll see the rapid emergence of the "board bully". Personally, I feel that deleting a thread should be an act of last resort (personal attacks, abusive language, etc.). It's impossible to regulate ourselves into a perfect world, especially through agressive censorship. There is no denying the strong conservative leanings of this board, probably consistent with the overall age group, and the general lack of tolerance for anything other than "'ol fashioned values". That's okay, one can always just scan for tech info and move on....but, in my opinion, the viability of a board lies in the diversity of it's members.

chas

#95494 - 11/20/05 05:31 AM Re: Nigel please allow me to say goodbye
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
As a JUNIOR Member, i've already figured out that my opinion means little or nothing but I'll offer these observations anyway. On most boards such as this, we say that it is about the music. In truth, boards of long duration where a strong cyber-community has developed, invariably become about the people. As in all such communities, strong personalities will emerge. These are usually people who have little or no power in their personal lives OR....just arrogant SOB's that can't tolerate any opinion that deviates from their own. Most newbies venture onto boards such as these looking for "personalized" information on some product they either own or are considering owning. They soon find out the true "personality" of the board and learn that for the first year or so it's better to just read and not post (I'm a slow learner). To Roel, I would say that although I agree with your sentiments, you have to understand that in order to have the freedom to express your opinion, you have to afford the same freedom to the "other guy", no matter how distasteful his opinion may be to you. The real balancing act though, falls to the site administrator, who must decide when to pull the plug. TOO much censorship and you've got a very stagnant (and boring) board. Not enough and you'll see the rapid emergence of the "board bully". Personally, I feel that deleting a thread should be an act of last resort (personal attacks, abusive language, etc.). It's impossible to regulate ourselves into a perfect world, especially through agressive censorship. There is no denying the strong conservative leanings of this board, probably consistent with the overall age group, and the general lack of tolerance for anything other than "'ol fashioned values". That's okay, one can always just scan for tech info and move on....but, in my opinion, the viability of a board lies in the diversity of it's members.

chas

Well said!

#95495 - 11/20/05 05:44 AM Re: Nigel please allow me to say goodbye
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Chico and Roel, do as I did, take a break for a while, but don't leave for good. Time is a healer, just be a lurker for a while. I agree with you, there has been some aggressiveness on the board lately, but this will backfire on their asses in the long run. I think Chony has a real good input here. Remember Terry (trtjazz) left for good a while back, but he is back and I think that is great. He has a lot of studio experience, creating nice tunes and has very good insights on many of the topics regarding arrangers and workstations.
And I still miss UD. Although he is very honest and direct both to people and on topics, he offers lots of experience and insights that we all get for free here on the zone.

On the other side of the scale I don't like topics like "Top vocalist on the zone", because at the same time you are indicating who you don't think is up there. A total stupid thread IMO. This "who is the better in whatever" has nothing to do in such a forum like this one, whether it is playing skills, entertainment or anything else.
My 0,02$

#95496 - 11/20/05 06:19 AM Re: Nigel please allow me to say goodbye
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
A few years ago, I was also a newbe here. I learned an enormous amount about the world of entertainment and music from everyone, absorbed as much as possible, then evaluated the information and weighed its merits. A lot of the top pros of OMB musical entertainment frequent this site, and every one of them has contributed something that is valuable to everyone else.

Not everyone is a great communicator, and everyone has his or her own personality--that's part of life, and everyone must live with this. A scant few forum members seem to have an ego as big as Texas. This mine is bigger and better than yours attitude usually comes from the minds of insecure individuals, and frequently, from folks who do not make a living as a performing entertainer/musician. Those threads are often ignored, at least by me.

If someone is in genuine need of assistance, it would be beneficial to every forum member for individuals to provide their expertise to aid that person in resolving their problem. When a new product comes available, and that product is tested and profiled by a forum member, everyone benefits--especially if the product evaluation is unbiased and thorough. No one benefits from snide, stupid, denigrating remarks.

I sincerely believe that both Chico and Roel have a lot to contribute, and both are extremely talented individuals. I would hope they will continue to contribute there expertise to this forum, but I also understand their reasons for wishing to venture into new vistas. As for me, I guess I'll stick around a while. I still have a lot to learn.

Good luck and please stop by and say hello to an old man once in a while.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online