SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#95429 - 07/07/05 05:58 PM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
José Medeiros Offline

Loc: Azores - Portugal
I really don’t care what people think about what I like to play: styles, piano, door rings or nothing at all. I just do it to amuse my self and I’m happy with it. What about you?
BTW, some words of “wisdom”: don’t argue about foolish things; life’s to short.
Enjoy

José Medeiros

#95430 - 07/07/05 10:18 PM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by José Medeiros:
I really don’t care what people think about what I like to play: styles, piano, door rings or nothing at all. I just do it to amuse my self and I’m happy with it. What about you?
BTW, some words of “wisdom”: don’t argue about foolish things; life’s to short.
Enjoy

José Medeiros

Josè, sorry but I did not understand these last words; were they referred to anyone in particular? You seem a bit upset and I really do not understand why.

#95431 - 07/08/05 12:48 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
José Medeiros Offline

Loc: Azores - Portugal
Dreamer
You are right; for a moment I was a bit upset but, due my poor English, I misunderstood your dialog. Sorry.
Please, completely ignore my last post, ok? It doesn’t mean anything at all.
Thank you and Route 66 too. You gave me some very good advices and I’m grateful.
Hope ear you soon.
José Medeiros

#95432 - 07/08/05 04:21 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
José Medeiros,
In case you plan a visit to the "continente", you are most welcome at Bragança. I'd be glad to show you the Tyros around! Like you, I'm not a pro; just a teacher with a great interest in music.

Andrea,
I still own a Kurzweil KME-61, which is a "light" version (61 keys and fewer sounds) of the PC2X series. It's a lightweight instrument that I always carry in the trunk of my car. In case I meet other musicians I'm ready for a jam session! As far as I know the PC2X uses the well known weighted Fatar action. Some like it, some don't. Personally, it's not one of my favorites' (on the contrary I find the semi-weighted Fatar - for example the SP76 - action very good).

I go to my gigs as light as possible. That means I bring the Tyros only. Sometimes at home I indeed use a full weighted keyboard (for the pleasure of playing) to control my Tyros, through midi. I'm using a cheap and old Technics SX-P30. I love its action and find it better than the Kurzweil's Fatar action. By the way, the piano in the Technics is still very good for the present standards, so it's a great stage piano too. For me it was a cheap solution to have a good key feel.

In the PC2 series you will find excellent triple strike pianos (the same in my KME and still among the best, in my opinion), many synth sounds and excellent organs (not present in the scaled down KME-61). I would say it's an excellent choice, but make sure you won't be disappointed by its key feel. Of course, you can always wait a few months for the new Yamaha S90ES - that will be a top notch stage piano / synthesizer / controller!

I'll post recent pictures of my setup as soon as possible.

-- José.

[This message has been edited by Route 66 (edited 07-08-2005).]

#95433 - 07/08/05 04:54 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Josè Medeiros: no problem at all: I understand.

Josè Matias: thank you for your reply; yes, I too was thinking of the S 90ES as an alternative: it should be in the stores before the end of August (USA) or September (Europe).
Ciao!

Andrea

#95434 - 07/08/05 08:09 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Be patient, Andrea! -- José.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online