SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#95409 - 07/02/05 03:37 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
weissefar Offline

Hi José,

I will say the same as Roel: "My advise is : Let your ears decide what to do, don't let it depend on other's opinions."

Now you have probably heard some Tyros demos at Andrea rotolo's website.

I think think Andrea's Tyros demos are great! However I don't think the Tyros sound is better than the Roland G-70, but that's just my personal humble opinion. There is no truthful answer. It depends 100% on your preferences.

If you would like to hear how the Roland G-70 sounds when played by "ordinary" people, you can download user demos at this website.
www.selskabsmusikeren.dk

That is a Roland G-70 User Club. You have to register, log in and then press the download menu item.

Good luck on deciding which keyboard is the best for you! ;-)

[This message has been edited by weissefar (edited 07-02-2005).]

[This message has been edited by weissefar (edited 07-02-2005).]

#95410 - 07/02/05 05:31 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It would be difficult to top the Tyros when it comes to overall sound quality, ease of operation and features. Additionally, there are more 3rd party style files available for Yamaha keyboards than all other makes combined. Consequently, this will allow you to expand the board's style diversity by a significant degree.

The other consideration in selecting the Tyros is technical support from forums such as this one and PSR Tutorial which will provide you with almost instant answers to technical questions pertaining to the keyboard's operation.

Good luck on your decission,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#95411 - 07/02/05 08:11 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Thanks for the link. I joined this forum and downloaded some of the demo's. Then i reacx some of the user comments in the forum. What i found particyularly interetsing was the comment from one of tyhe owners of the G70 who actually heard the Korg PA1X and compared it to the G70.....

after hearing the demos and reading the comments from existing owners of the G70 and from my own limited experience of it, i would suggest Jose that you listen again to the Tyros or the PA1X.

#95412 - 07/02/05 08:49 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Just to add a little comment: in the past I used to own a Roland VA7 and right now in my home studio I have a Yamaha Motif ES rack and a Roland Fantom XR. This is to say that, speaking of sound, I know well both Roland and Yamaha. I realize that the sound is a very subjective issue, so I am not going to comment here, but one thing can be said for sure: a great part of the "sound" is given by the effect section, and in this department Yamaha wins big time. In my Tyros I can layer three sounds in the right part of the keyboard and each sound can have a different reverb; correct me if I am wrong, but in the G 70 you can have only one reverb for all the three sounds, and this is just an example.
Speaking of quality, in my VA 7 the reverb quality was so "average" that I had to buy a separate unit (TC Electronic M-One XL) to have a decent sound. Since I bought the Tyros, the TC Electronic is collecting dust and now I am thinking to sell it.
Moreover, I have played the Motif ES rack and the Fantom XR side by side and, while I like some waveforms more in the Fantom, the reverb quality in the Motif is so much better! Plus, you can have up to eight insertion points and -again- this means that when you play in Performance mode each sound can have its own effects.
So, even if I admit that I would like to have a G 70 and use it as a master keyboard (because I LOVE the feel of the keys), I am now thinking to buy an 88 notes keyboard, like the Kurzweil PC2 X or the just announced Yamaha S 90 ES and use it as a master keyboard to control the Tyros. And this is because Yamaha refuses to release a 76 notes Tyros 2.

Andrea

#95413 - 07/02/05 09:11 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Hi José,
As you know, Tyros I is out-of-date. The Tyros II is coming very soon. If the money is not a problem for you, maybe, is better, to wait til October. Anyway, it´s up to you. Why don´t you come to Lisbon to see and taste these keyboard?

Tchau
Franky

#95414 - 07/02/05 11:32 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
José Medeiros Offline

Loc: Azores - Portugal
Thanks to all of you.
Silva, it "sounds" good that invitation to Lisbon to taste the keyboards
Can somebody tell me a site where I can compare Tyros 1 & 2?
I intend to spend about 3000€.
And yes, I'm gonna need some extra helps and tips, cause I'm new in recent PSR´s
BTW, I'm 38 and just play and compose for fun and family!!!

#95415 - 07/02/05 11:51 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
José Medeiros Offline

Loc: Azores - Portugal
Hei, Dreamer
Nice photos! I "play" with a Canon 300D...
Xau

#95416 - 07/02/05 12:10 PM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
jose, you wont be able to compare tyros 2 with 1,cause it wont be out for a while,if you haven,t played a recent keyboard then you are in for a pleasant surprise,the technology has come a long way forward,compared to the old ones,where ever you buy your board ,check to make sure the electricity is ok,mike

#95417 - 07/02/05 12:41 PM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Hi José,
You can search in this forum some info reagarding the Tyros 2
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/011025.html
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/010812.html
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/yoyo22/TYROS/Tyros2_1_bigger.jpg

Franky

[This message has been edited by silva (edited 07-02-2005).]

#95418 - 07/02/05 01:49 PM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by José Medeiros:
Hei, Dreamer
Nice photos! I "play" with a Canon 300D...
Xau

Obrigado!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online