SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#95236 - 08/06/02 04:59 PM All the cards are on the table
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Genesys , Tyros , Vega , XD9 , PA60 + KN7000 are the newest arrangers to hit the market .

So the price point on TYRO's is not anounced .
Technics will be in the $3000.000 to $3500.00 range .

Genesys will be in the $3200.00 to $3999.99 range .

Ketron XD9 starting in the $1799.00's ( music 123) + more for the harddrive and vocal kit .

Vega ( oriental) by Ketron will be a little higher than the XD9 .

Plenty of Products were introduced at Summer NAMM this year . A GREAT year if you are into arranger keyboards !

All the cards are on the table ............

coming to a music store ...probably not near you ! oh well .....that's arrangers

dano

#95237 - 08/06/02 07:02 PM Re: All the cards are on the table
Dnj Offline

Not so fast Dan......

I still think ROLAND is waiting in the wings with a surprise arranger KB for all of us..Hmmmmmm?

#95238 - 08/06/02 07:42 PM Re: All the cards are on the table
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Rumor mill has it that something with a name like"discovery" or "discover" might be the next Roland Arranger Product. This was told to me by someone who does not work for Roland and I don't know how accurate it is, but, remember this name in case I have more information next year. I hope I'm right because I need more arrangers in my store!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#95239 - 08/06/02 07:44 PM Re: All the cards are on the table
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
On "E" TV network , I saw Anna Nicole Smith playing around with a new keyboard ???

Maybe it was that new Roland ?

I think Eddy Awada posted something about a new ROland keyboard ? They had a great oportunity at Summer NAMM .
Nothing Baby .

#95240 - 08/07/02 03:31 AM Re: All the cards are on the table
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I can't believe anyone actually tuned in to watch Anna Nicole .... eyew...

#95241 - 08/07/02 04:36 AM Re: All the cards are on the table
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
It is called Roland Discoverf 5

Loot at : http://www.piens.com/product.lasso?pr=021749

The Entertainer’s Keyboard
Roland's DisCover-5 introduces a totally-new concept in professional performance keyboard. At the heart of DisCover 5 is Realtime SMF Arranging, which allows for on-the-fly control of Standard MIDI Files. Also included is a microphone input feeding an incredibly powerful Vocal Harmonizer.

FEATURES :
* GM2, on screen lyrics etc
* 61 note performance keyboard
* 72 preset "covers" permit on-the-fly editing of tone, velocity, reverb, and chorus for each track
* high quality vocal harmony processor with 4 distinct effects, 3 programmable harmony modes, and seperate audio output
* singer key adapter function automatically transposes SMFs to suit range of any singer
* next song reserve function automatically loads next song in playlist
* song chord extractor automatically extracts chords from midi file
* handy song finder to organize your songs
* lyric import via .txt files
* d-beam controller

SPECIFICATIONS :
* 61 keys touch sensitive
* 64 note polyphony
* 1422 tones
* 44 drum kits (oriental kits incl.)
* 32 multitimbral
* GS,GM2 compatible
* floppy
* smartmedia
* MIDIin/out/through
* stereo output on 1/4"
* microphone input
* harmony output
* lyrics video out on composite.

Greetings ,
Alain

#95242 - 08/07/02 05:43 AM Re: All the cards are on the table
Dnj Offline

#95243 - 08/07/02 06:44 AM Re: All the cards are on the table
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Wait a second.. wait a second

Being a great fan of Roland products I am surprised to hear they are coming out with a NEW good looking arranger! We're all talking about KN, PA, Tyros and Solton stuff mentioning Roland is going away...

But now they're coming out with something. I was about to get either kn or Tyros but now I have to hold my horses. Please anyone, do you have more info on this Roland baby? What's sequencer like, when it's available and the rest!

Thank you.

#95244 - 08/07/02 06:51 AM Re: All the cards are on the table
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Hello,
How can you add a picture when you make a post ?
Alain

#95245 - 08/07/02 07:00 AM Re: All the cards are on the table
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Whatever this Roland arranger is, it wasn't announced with their other products at Summer NAMM, it's not on their website, and even a Google search turned up nothing. Hats off to whoever found this at all... it's below radar. Likely only a Europe release at the moment. Maybe someone over there knows more.

#95246 - 08/07/02 07:17 AM Re: All the cards are on the table
acima Offline

Loc: Italy
Excuse me, but i think that Discover 5 is not an arranger keyboard, if you look at the specification you don't find anything about styles; however it has a very good of enhancements about SMF.

Bye.

#95247 - 08/07/02 07:26 AM Re: All the cards are on the table
Clif Anderson Offline

Just as we were saying the VA7/VA76 were not designed for singers, here comes a Roland arranger that is! I don't see speakers and aftertouch is not mentioned. I wish it had an SRX expansion slot or two, but I think we will be limited to Smart Media.

Of course, we don't have to use all the features, but the focus on real-time arranging of standard MIDI files is getting pretty close to Karaoke.

#95248 - 08/07/02 08:13 AM Re: All the cards are on the table
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Whoah... good point, acima ! This may not be an "arranger keyboard" in the sense that we normally mean. It says "Realtime SMF Arranging" in the promo and "Real Time Orchestration" in the picture below the name of the instrument, but no mention of styles. I saw the word "arrange" and assumed this was an auto-accompaniment keyboard, but it's more likely that this keyboard is meant to playback midi files while the keyboardist plays over top of them and sings. The "cover" feature seems to be a track/scene-change feature that would allow you to switch the instrumentation of a file on the fly. Mucho mention of lyrics display also... yes, it's a karaoke keyboard. Damn 64-note poly again. Hmmmm...

#95249 - 08/07/02 09:34 AM Re: All the cards are on the table
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
This looks like it may be a step up from the Roland Fantom! I see a little bit of the Fantom on the DisCover's end caps.. Maybe it uses Fantom technology but is set up for the "entertainer".......
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#95250 - 08/08/02 11:57 AM Re: All the cards are on the table
technicsplayer Offline

only 64 poly?
where has variphrase gone?
are there enough buttons on the left hand side to have styles built in?
smartmedia is limited to 128 MB (probably enough just for midi files and sound edit saves?)
This is no answer to tyros, genesys or 7000 folks

#95251 - 08/08/02 02:31 PM Re: All the cards are on the table
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I contacted a source about the Discover series[Discover 5 is five octaves, expect a 7}.He told me Roland is very vague[secretive]..It indeed may have styles and arrangements on board..Possibly dropping the old SC55 and CM [mt32 map] banks in favor of the G800, G1000 and VA series banks[including the "Scat" patch]. I am told they are still in proto type design and not available yet..When I find more info I will pass it on..Fran

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online