SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#95228 - 08/16/01 03:35 AM keyboard velocity roland va-5
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
How can I eliminate permanantly the velocity sensitivity off my roland va-5.
I know how you can put the value at 1 but I don't know how to keep this value.
Everytime I choose another style or tone the value changes.

Thanks,
Alain

#95229 - 08/16/01 04:39 AM Re: keyboard velocity roland va-5
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Alain,
the velocity sensitivity must be saved as a part of the user program parameters; this means that if you change the velocity sensitivity in the program "Pop 1A" you have to double press the "User Program" bottom, then choose "Memorize" and "Execute". Otherwise, all the changes you make will be lost every time you change program.
Andrea

#95230 - 08/16/01 05:09 AM Re: keyboard velocity roland va-5
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Hello,

Thanks for your response.
I tried it ....a made the changes ...i made the value 1 for velocity in keyboard mode.
Then it is oké....but when I choose another style and another tone the the velocity is changed....how to avoid this ?
Thanks,

#95231 - 08/16/01 07:40 AM Re: keyboard velocity roland va-5
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Alain,
I assume that you first pressed "Other", then "Keyboard mode" then "Options". At this point, on the right of the screen, you have a slider: you can set the velocity to "High", "Medium" or "Low". High means that you have to hit the note hard (i.e. with a High velocity) to hear the sound, while Low means that you have almost no velocity response: you just hit the note and it sounds almost at the maximum level (like an organ). So this is the right setting for you. After setting the slider down to "Low" you have to save the User Program (press twice the first button on the right). If you wish, you can repeat the same operation for Upper 1, Upper 2, Lower 1, Lower 2, Manual drums, Manual bass and Variphrase.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online