SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#95013 - 09/29/03 06:28 PM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Charlie,
I used to average about 8 trips to the van just to unload the gear. Of course it took the same number of trips to load up again. Then the process was repeated when I got home, however, it was only two trips at home because I use a tractor with a 10-cubic foot wagon.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#95014 - 09/30/03 12:46 AM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Gary,
the setup looks great
your patio looks great
YOU look great!!!
Cheers
Andrea

#95015 - 09/30/03 04:24 AM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hi Gary, Your set up looks great, enough to do a great job. Got a few question, please.
1-What is holding up the Computer? (I think that's what it is)
2-Can I put lyrics in the computer with and without a sequence?
3-If that's possible, is there a program that I can use to call up the lyrics, very much like Van Basco, you press an "L" and it brings you to the "Ls" in the list?

Thanks, John C.

#95016 - 09/30/03 04:55 AM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
Dnj Offline

Bruno,
We use Microsoft Word for the Lyrics.
Just Put all you lyrics into WORD files and keep that folder on your tool bar..if you need lyrics, chords, settings, etc...just click and there they are. Works like a charm!

That box in front of Garys KB is what holds all the Hookups, A/c adapters, power strip, etc..Al together so you just have to plug in "ONE" A/C plug, pedal, line inputs and your good to go..save a ton of time upon setup!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-30-2003).]

#95017 - 09/30/03 07:06 AM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Gary.

Great look. You, the setup (cleaner)and the place.

Armando

#95018 - 09/30/03 09:06 AM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Gary...

Congrats... wayda go! What do you do with all that extra time now!?!

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
set-up times are down to five minutes

#95019 - 09/30/03 09:24 AM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Gary - Is that a foldup stool with a backrest you have there? Is it adjustable height as well?

Who makes those please?

Ta - Keith

#95020 - 09/30/03 10:15 AM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....

Keith,
The stool is a QuicLok model D-749 and yes, it is fully adjustable for height and the position of the backrest and footrest are also fully adjustable. It's very study, a bit heavy, folds flat a fairly comfortable. The list price was $149, but I was able to find it for just over $100 plus tax. You can get a good look at it at http://www.quiklok.com/

Cheers,

Gary

#95021 - 09/30/03 10:28 AM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....

John,
The box that Donny described is a lexan utility stand that was made for a second keyboard by a company called Clear-Stand, P.O. Box 777, Carteret, NJ 07008. The one I modified measures about 24 inches wide and slips over the top tier of my keyboard stand, almost like a three-sided box with no ends. Inside is a small rack mount that holds the Digitech Vocalist VR, surge protector, all the wall warts for the equipment, Samson wireless mic receiver and a USB to Midi adapter that goes between the keybaord and the computer. All the cables are harnessed within the box and the entire box fits into a medium size duffle bag. When I arrive on the job, the box just slips over the keyboard stand post and all the cables are cut to the exact length needed. Setups are so easy now that it only takes one trip to the van with a flatbed cart, you never break into a sweat and I always have lots of time to talk with the customers in the lounge before going on stage. Donny and I both use Microsoft Word for lyrics, and at the top of each of my lyrics page, I also put the keyboard settings in large, bold print so they can easily be seen. Most of the lyrics are in my head, but there are times when the first few words of the second or third verse may be a bit fuzzy.

Cheers,

Gary

#95022 - 09/30/03 03:20 PM Re: Gary's setup Before & After.....
Dnj Offline

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online