SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#94927 - 02/20/04 01:50 PM Re: Bose in stereoooooooooh my Gosh .......
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
That's where all the guys go that spent very little time around New Orleans that thought they were bad. Jersy and Philly. Ha! Ha!

#94928 - 02/20/04 02:16 PM Re: Bose in stereoooooooooh my Gosh .......
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I spent a month in New Orleans one weekend. What a wacky town. Isn't the drinking age about 11??????? And what's UP with all the shoe stores on Canal street ????
Sheeeesh!

I was there as a senior in HS with my jazz band. We had won a National Catholic Educators thingee and as a 19 yr old in that town ..... lemme tell ya...

The funnyest part was the NCE convention was also that same weekend, so there were 2000 nuns and priests roaming Bourbon Street .... what a sight! The strip joints and the clergy ! Quite a memory for an impressionable teen !

#94929 - 02/20/04 02:18 PM Re: Bose in stereoooooooooh my Gosh .......
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Oops... I think I was only 17 or 18 for that trip ! Long time ago........ memory fades ... excpet the tone of Pete Fountain's clarinet, played 15 feet in front of me !!! That was somthin' for sure. We saw Al Hirt at his club too .... High School Heaven !

#94930 - 02/20/04 07:13 PM Re: Bose in stereoooooooooh my Gosh .......
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Not braggin just want to say I wouldn't let my kids do what I did at 16. I had my Uncle's draft card, no pictures on them then and I was playing in a club on the weekends owned by Carlos Marcello the Godfather of that area at that time and his baby brother Pasquale ran the place.

Of course a few years earlier with my motor bike at 12 and 13 I was delivering liquor in neighborhoods where many people wouldn go at night. I never had a lick of trouble.

Things were different then. Any body could get into anybody else's home because we all had skeleton keys. Remember that?

Dang I'm old!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online