SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#94770 - 02/13/06 06:51 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hi, Scott. Good effort to showcase the T2!Thanks!

The Eagles multi-harmony is so tight and recognizable (it's what really earmarks tunes as Eagles songs) that I've found most people expect renditions to sound EXACTLY like the recording, and that's difficult to do with ANY harmonizer.

As you know, I'm not a fan of ANYTHING but motorcycles with the Yamaha name on it, but I REALLY appreciate your consideration, effort and talent.

Thanks, friend!

Russ (old school) Lay

#94771 - 02/13/06 07:15 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by retal:
Douno scott... i might be new here, but your SONG OWNS it really looks you got a full band, all nice tunes, great sound.. owns

btw, no one playing electronic? dance? something new? hehe... im the only young person here? ok if old, whereis phil collins, genesis, pet shop boys, george michael

Retal, as an "older" person I don't do some of the newer songs very well. That's not to say I don't appreciate them. Most of the new stuff I do is country, with a few exceptions. O.K., I do a LOT of the new Rod Stewart songs (of course they are old standards). Anyway that's the audience I play for. They wouldn't recognize Pet Shop Boys unless they were buying a parakeet.
Anyway, I'm sure some of the guys have similar interests and repertoires. Maybe they will respond.
It's always nice to have new blood here!
DonM

#94772 - 02/13/06 07:45 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
ahhhh pet shop boys ! my all time favorite electronic band !
they're the reason why i got into keyboards in the first place ! retal, you're not alone anymore

Claude

#94773 - 02/13/06 08:17 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don, I think you should distort your vocals a little, play piano instead of that fancy guitar work, and maybe play a Yamaha[for the drums]...then you can sound like the rest of us..

Nobody can touch this guy when it comes to country...not even the 3 amigos..

Don great guitar work...you make that SD1 "sing"...As always..your the best...

I don't think anyone else wants to follow you....maybe UD..

#94774 - 02/13/06 08:24 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Dnj Online   content

Im still trying to understand why Scott would embarass himeself with that song + put it on his website as a demo to get work...or maybe he did it on purpose to trick us? I know he can do much better.

Don KILLER Job, if Im being honest!!

Tyros or Ketron ....you decide?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-13-2006).]

#94775 - 02/13/06 08:56 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Roger, you have mail!

Tom

#94776 - 02/13/06 09:00 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Donny....
I embarass myself on a regular basis trying new things. Scott asked for feedback knowing full-well he would get a variety of opinions and advice.

I, on the other hand am too chicken to ask for feedback. I rely on watching audience reaction. If it works, I keep it. If not, I either start working to improve on it or take it out of my playlist.
Eddie

#94777 - 02/13/06 09:01 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

Anyway that's the audience I play for. They wouldn't recognize Pet Shop Boys unless they were buying a parakeet.
DonM

t.

#94778 - 02/13/06 09:09 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Scott,

This is just my take on the song so you may ignore my comments if you wish. I don't think the song suits your singing style. You are "crooning" the song as if it were a ballad. It needs to be sung a little dirty and not sweetly.

We once had an opera singer sing with our band. When we did "Mack the Knife" it sounded as if he were singing opera. It definitely was not the correct style for "Mack the Knife". He had a marvelous voice but the song was incorrect for his style.

I know you can do better on this tune, just "get down" a little on it. If you can do "Cattle Call" justice you can do this one also.

John Lennon used to scream himself horse before he did "Twist and Shout". I'm not sure it is worth doing that however.

The Ty2 sounds great, especially the guitars.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 02-13-2006).]

Tom

#94779 - 02/13/06 09:38 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
or maybe he did it on purpose to trick us?

It's a marketing trick, for sure... or just trying to awaken us arranger synthzoners...

-- José.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online