SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#94810 - 02/14/06 08:34 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Tom,
I couldn't get Scott's version on any of the links but I did hear Don's version and I'll bet a million dollars he's playing more then three chords on this tune, I don't care what you say about country music.

#94811 - 02/14/06 10:26 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by brickboo:
Tom,
I couldn't get Scott's version on any of the links but I did hear Don's version and I'll bet a million dollars he's playing more then three chords on this tune, I don't care what you say about country music.

brick ... ABSOLUTELY ... there are 4 chords through most of the tune and an ADDITIONAL 2 chords thrown in during the bridge ...
t.

#94812 - 02/14/06 01:32 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
brick ... ABSOLUTELY ... there are 4 chords through most of the tune and an ADDITIONAL 2 chords thrown in during the bridge ...
t.

And sometimes I throw in a couple more, sometimes even on purpose!
DonM

#94813 - 02/14/06 02:53 PM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
I think Don's version is more in tune with what the original was, and scott has a very clean... "version"... Probabley not suited for his voice if comparing with the original... However, the thing that stuck out for me was how much better the Tryros 2 sounded.. I thought my old psr2000 sounded better than the SD1... Really not impressed with the SD1 keyboard at all..
Over 2 total diffrent version and both would appeal to diffrent groups...
Thanks for sharing...

#94814 - 02/15/06 08:04 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Craig, I totally disagree with you about the instrumentation of Scott and Don's tunes..To me the Sd1 version sounds much more real..The bass and drums are far superior on the SD1 version..and the guitars work much better in that tune on the SD1[maybe Don's playing has something to do with the guitars]..

Now for credits due..I just listened to Scott's new version....Scott you really did a great job on this one...different yes, but I think those that take pride in their own performances , want to do it their way...I know UD has always done this , and Donny does too, for the most part...Again, I was happy to see you redo the tune...way to go..

#94815 - 02/17/06 08:41 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Heehee, I never imagined my "Lyin' Eyes" song rendition would have stirred so much interest & debate. Because I don't have songwriting aspirations, I instead, view myself as a song 'stylist', looking to interpret familiar songs differently than the original.

I realize that the original Eagles delivery took a more cynical attitude of the girl with 'lyin' eyes'. I on on the other hand, opted to deliver a more wistful (sad) view of her situation. To me, a song's lyrics (and how it's delivered) is equally important (and sometimes more so) than even the melody line. How you phrase a song can COMPLETELY CHANGE the meaning of a song, and this is where lyric interpretation can be so powerful.

Thanks again to EVERYONE who responded to this thread. It's obvious that people here aren't afraid to share their strong opinions. I read 'everyones' replies carefully and applied what seemed 'valid' to me, to come up with my second 'Lyin Eyes' rendition. I only hope that candidly honest (yet supportively constructive) replies are given to others that post their music here too, as well as any future song postings I make. What makes this forum unique is the diversity of musical styles & tastes among the membership.

Scott

#94816 - 08/13/06 08:00 AM Re: Please Listen to: Lyin' Eyes (Eagles) performed LIVE on Tyros2 !
Dnj Offline

Scott was this song done with your new T2
"PRE IN YOUR FACE EQ"? if so could you redo it with the new Eq settings as a comparison so we may hear the difference.....I for one am very interested in the result.

Thank you

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online