SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#94535 - 05/15/05 11:47 AM WARNING ! BEWARE!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I normally get about 100 spam emails a day and mail washer takes care of them for me. I never have received any German Spam before.
A short time ago there was an interesting looking German site posted in one of these three SZ forums that I normally log into. I went to the site and had a look and did not find it interesting so closed the site. Starting three days ago, I have begin receiving well over 100 spams every day all in the German Language.
I will now have spam cop blacklist each spammer and ISP and they will now all be auto deleted from my mail.
I do not recall the post or the url but you are cautioned about any you see.
Bebop

#94536 - 05/15/05 01:02 PM Re: WARNING ! BEWARE!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Got the same German spam today too--couldn't understand a single word and blocked the sender.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#94537 - 05/15/05 02:00 PM Re: WARNING ! BEWARE!
Ron Pierce Offline

Loc: Fort Myers, FL USA
I hardly ever receive unwanted Spam, but it started here last evening shortly after I received your email (Bebop). I wonder if there's any connection. I, too have mailwasher running so it alerted me and now I have it set to "Blacklist", "Bounce" and "Delete". No real problem, just annoying
Ron

#94538 - 05/15/05 02:45 PM Re: WARNING ! BEWARE!
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
I'm receiving the same SPAM....all in German
and some of it is sexuall in nature ... talking about beautiful women , another was about some Turkish news paper offending the
German people with Nazi stories...I was about to call the German Sheriff to see if he could do something about it......
Tony Rome

#94539 - 05/16/05 02:16 PM Re: WARNING ! BEWARE!
Tony Rome Offline

These are just two of the messages in German that I received today...I wonder if the Sheriff could give us a biref idea of what it's about......

Lese selbst: http://www.die-kommenden.net/dk/zeitgeschichte/graeberschaendung.htm

In den fruehen Abendstunden des 13. Februar 1945 gegen 21:41 Uhr
heulten die Sirenen der Lazarettstadt Dresden das erste mal auf. Die Bewohner der Elbmetropole machten sich zu der Zeit noch keine Sorgen, da Dresden als Stadt ohne Bewaffnung und ohne militaerischen Nutzen bekannt war und von ca. 1,2 Millionen Frauen, Kindern und Greisen bewohnt wurde.

Gegen 22:09 Uhr gab der Rundfunk durch, daß die alliierten Bomberverbaende ihren Kurs geaendert haben und nun auf Dresden zufliegen. Kurz darauf befanden sich 244 britische Bomber am Himmel der deutschen Kulturstadt. Drei Stunden nach dieser ersten Angriffswelle - es befanden sich bereits alle verfuegbaren Rettungsmannschaften, Sanitaeter und Feuerwehmaenner in Dresden - verdunkelten weitere 500 Bomber den Himmel.
Am naechsten Tag folgte die letzte Angriffswelle mit erneut 300 US-B-17-Bombern. Zwischen 12:12 Uhr und 12:21 Uhr warfen diese 783 Tonnen Bomben ab. - Das entspricht mehr als 85 Tonnen pro Minute. Nach dem Abwerfen setzten die US-Bomber zum Tiefflug an und beschossen Fluechtende mit ihren Bordwaffen. In diesen drei Angriffsschlaegen, die insgesamt 14 Stunden andauerten, warfen die "Befreier" 650.000 Brandbomben und 200.000 Sprengbomben ab, welche einen Feuersturm von ueber 1000 Grad in der Stadt erzeugten. Obwohl Dresden weder Flugabwehr, noch Ruestungsindustrie oder aehnliche kriegswichtige Ziele besass wurden weit mehr als 350.000 unschuldige deutsche Zivilisten in diesen zwei Tagen kaltbluetig ermordet.

Keiner der schuldigen Alliierten wurde jemals fuer dieses brutale Kriegsverbrechen auch nur angeklagt und die Massenmedien und die bundesdeutsche Regierung schweigen diese Taten tot und sehen es nicht als noetig an den Opfern zu gedenken.!

Tony Rome

#94540 - 05/16/05 02:52 PM Re: WARNING ! BEWARE!
Roel Offline

It is about the second world war and it tells the Allied Forces were the 'dirty attackers' because of the Dresden Bombing.
The wordwise translation isn't important here I think.... but I could send it by mail if you like.

#94541 - 05/16/05 03:28 PM Re: WARNING ! BEWARE!
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
...I was about to call the German Sheriff to see if he could do something about it...

What should I do with it? I have enough english spam that I don't like. I don't use any anti-virus or anti-spammer software. I think they kill too much system power...
If I get mails with english subjects then I usually mark and delete them. It's easier for me to differ them from my friendly german mails...

I think there's a system lieing in it. If I get spam from a german server then I can get its IP and write a mail to the provider. If he don't want to agree then I've the right to announce him to the law. This works fine as long as the server provider stands in Germany. A server in foreign countries is hard to reach with the german's law...

Maybe the new european law will give us more abilities to avoid those servers. But this will only spread the range of law...we still won't reach servers in russia, in asia or in america...

If you would have your own mail server in the web then you could try to install a 'Teergrube' to glue the spammers...

I can only advise you to NOT open or respond to such mails. Delete them as fast as you can. If possible then let it be killed by an automatic spam filter. I'm doing it manually day by day because I want to know/read what mails did arrive my mailbox.

About the content of the mails: The mails you've mentioned are talking about war crimes in Germany at the end of the LAST (I hope so) world war. Not only the crime against Jews but also the crime against german soldiers and civilians at the end of the war. There are still so many lost people and some of them are probably found now in a acre near Bretzenheim.

Well, I think there were many crimes in wars made by all involved sides. I don't want to forget but, please, I want to learn out of the past and try to make it better in the future. Let the dead souls rest in peace!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-16-2005).]

#94542 - 05/16/05 05:34 PM Re: WARNING ! BEWARE!
Tony Rome Offline

Roel and Sheriff, thank you for your help in
translating the content for me....yes, let's
not bring up the past.....
Tony Rome

#94543 - 05/18/05 09:48 AM Re: WARNING ! BEWARE!
juneau Offline

Loc: Red Wing, MN, USA
These e-mail messages from Germany might very well be the ones connected to the SOBER.U worm. DO NOT OPEN ANY LINKS IN THEM. DELETE THE MESSAGES!

Here is some info I received:

There is a new worm in the wild which when activated generates messages in German, with web sites linked in the message (these sites may be in English or German).

If any messages are received that appear questionable and you have not corresponded with the original sender in German before, delete them and do not open the web sites found in the messages.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online