SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#94480 - 05/31/06 04:08 PM Re: Can the G-70 play converted Tyros Styles satisfactorily?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Telmo,
if you really luv your psr3000 keyboard styles, you may be safer sticking with what you've got. They probably won't sound the same in a G70. A converted is never identical to the original. They can be tweaked so that they sound good, but that can take time.
I'm not knocking the G70 , I haven't heard one, it's quite possible you may even prefer g70 styles to psr styles. Everyone has their own preferences.
I've owned Roland, Yamaha, Technics , Korg keyboards in the past & currently I'm a Ketron owner . To me the styles & sounds are somehow different in all of them.

There is always the option of adding a controller keyboard to the psr, but that can get messy especially if you want it for stage performance.
My setup is only for home use. I sometimes midi my 76 note Ketron to my Yamaha digital piano, because I like the weighted keys when I play in pianist mode.
Hard part was trying to position it properly so that I could hit the variation buttons etc on the ketron. It was too heavy to place on top of my Clavinova, so I had to place it to the side. That problem is now taken care of, since adding a 13 note pedal switch board. I can change variations etc that way. ( Thanks to Don M who sold me his pedalboard).

best wishes
rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Telmo:
Hi Rikki
Actually, I own the PSR-3000 which I love the styles. My only disappointment is the key feel. The key action on the PSR-3000 IMHO is the weak factor on this fine arranjer. In another town, 18 hours far by car(if I drive over there), there is a music store selling an used G-70 and they offered me a deal with my PSR3000 being part of the download payment.I'm just wondering if those who have the G-70 are pleased with its styles and also if the Yammy Styles could sound somehow acceptable played in the G-70. And what about the other features like Sequencer,vocal harmonist and user friendly interface now with all the upgrades for the G-70? Thanks in advance. Telmo.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#94481 - 06/01/06 03:59 AM Re: Can the G-70 play converted Tyros Styles satisfactorily?
Booby Offline

Hi,

I've converted several styles from other brands to Pa1X and they never sounded good unless I made a lot of tweaking. In the first moment maybe you got the impression that can work, but later on, just playing it you discover problems to address.

Some friends of mine told me the same while converting to Tyros, G70, whatever: a style written for another model has to be reworked to sound good.

Just my experience.

Regards.

#94482 - 06/01/06 04:22 AM Re: Can the G-70 play converted Tyros Styles satisfactorily?
jpapas Offline

Loc: Somewhere in CA
Hi Bobby. I really wouldn't mind a little tweaking if you'd share with us those pa1x styles. So wadda ya say?

#94483 - 06/10/06 07:19 AM Re: Can the G-70 play converted Tyros Styles satisfactorily?
josef1978 Offline

Loc: germany
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
I am playing G70 styles in the Tyros 2 and they are great
BEBOP

Where did you get them from?

#94484 - 06/10/06 09:04 AM Re: Can the G-70 play converted Tyros Styles satisfactorily?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
they were given to me with the agreement I would not share them or divulge the source.
sorry,
Bebop

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online