SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#94429 - 03/26/07 11:55 AM Re: Roland E80
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's primarily Ian's small minded posts that attract the flies. The smell reminds me of something......

Presumably, EVERYONE that uses anything bigger and heavier than a PSR3000 is outmoded, outdated and out of touch. I've got lots of company there. Watch the TV any day, listen to CDs, go out and see a real band. Talk to a Wersi owner, or a Yamaha 9000Pro, or a PA1X owner. I guess they are ALL outmoded, too.

Plus, that isn't the lightest arranger on the market, Ian. If weight is the only criteria, why not a Casio...? Let me guess - it's the lightest arranger that you LIKE. For me, the G70 is that same thing. Please don't blame me for making the same decision as you have.

Size and weight don't always mean better.... No doubt. But sometimes they do.

#94430 - 03/26/07 12:13 PM Re: Roland E80
Dnj Offline

Now let me see is the weight issue gonna make you a better player? I think not...either will MANY of the other features.... If anyone wants to believe that be my guest ...I'm from the "let me hear what you got" school no matter what instrument you play & how you utilize it....either you got it or not bottom line .......make me think otherwise?....I'll be waiting.....probably a very long time to change my mind....talk is cheap....common people post up your demos shall we?

#94431 - 03/26/07 12:13 PM Re: Roland E80
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Still refusing to accept reality, eh Diki?

Now it's out with the insults when someone doesn't agree with your narrow-minded views.

Oh well, it's not surprising to see you resort to cheap shots...but if that's the best you can do, then it certainly suits your personae...and I don't have much to worry about.

It's a good thing your G70 doesn't weigh as much as your ego...

Ian

------------------
Don't be afraid to talk to yourself. It's a good way to find out what you think.

#94432 - 03/26/07 12:28 PM Re: Roland E80
Diki Offline

Just refusing to accept YOUR reality, Ian.

A little late to get upset about the tone of replies to your one-sided views. You burned that bridge behind you weeks ago.

Several points in my last post. You want to respond to any of them, or you just playing hurt? Why aren't you playing a lighter arranger?

#94433 - 03/26/07 12:46 PM Re: Roland E80
ianmcnll Offline

Diki,

Sorry...it was rather hard to find any valid points in your last post.

Having said that, I'm beginning to believe there is such a thing as re-incarnation.

There is no way you could have achieved such an air of utter unpleasantness in one life time.

I'm surprised that you're not using a heavier arranger, one with roughly the same dead weight as your ego....

Hurt? No. But I can see that you're beginning to limp a little.

Must be all that weight...ego plus G70 equals one sore Diki.

Ian

------------------
Don't be afraid to talk to yourself. It's a good way to find out what you think.

#94434 - 03/26/07 02:16 PM Re: Roland E80
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
Can take it then that no one knows how to get a better sound from the E80 speakers ? Or are they just crap ?

#94435 - 03/26/07 02:21 PM Re: Roland E80
Diki Offline

Probably crap if no-one has posted, yet, spalding.

Get a PSR..... keep Ian happy. You wouldn't want to be outdated, would you? (He'll send you some literature)....

#94436 - 03/26/07 02:23 PM Re: Roland E80
ianmcnll Offline

Sorry for taking your thread off on a tangent Spalding.

It does appear that no one has had an E80 long enough to figure it out, or maybe,there just isn't any way to improve.

Ian

------------------

#94437 - 03/26/07 02:38 PM Re: Roland E80
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
...talk is cheap....common people post up your demos shall we?

thats one of the most sensible things someone has said for a long time...

I have already posted 2 demos a couple of days ago from my T2... let that be a start...

what has anyone else got?

#94438 - 03/26/07 06:35 PM Re: Roland E80
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Spalding, Fortner at Keyboard mag states that the E80 has a superb sound system, the best of all..So I would think that you had a poor setting and apparently the same problem with Craig's UK settings..I hope to check one out soon...I have never run across a Roland with a poor sound system...I can't imagine the E80 to have one..

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online