SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#94221 - 08/16/01 07:35 AM supplied disk with roland va-5
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
I would like to have the disk that was supplied with the roland va-5. ( with the demo files and styles)
Where could I download this.
Thanks,
Alain

#94222 - 08/16/01 07:43 AM Re: supplied disk with roland va-5
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Alain,
on the Roland site of Italy there are a lot of styles to download. Here is the link: http://www.roland.it/
I hope that at this point you are not going to sell your VA5 anymore, are you?

#94223 - 08/16/01 07:57 AM Re: supplied disk with roland va-5
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Thanks again for your reply.
I have still another question :
How can you see the version off the system software:
I saw at roland Italy that there is an update available for the va 5...version 1,01.
How do I do the update ?
Thanks ,
Alain

#94224 - 08/16/01 08:44 AM Re: supplied disk with roland va-5
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi Alain,
in most keyboards you have to press a combination of buttons during the power up to see the software version, but I don't know how to do this in the VA5.
To do the update you have to download the files, save them to a floppy disk and follow the instructions which are usually included (among the files you download there is something called readme.doc or readme.txt with all the instructions); anyway, I don't think that your VA5 really needs a software update, especially if that is just the version 1.01. I have updated my VA7 to version 2.0 but I had to take it to a laboratory because they had to replace an internal chip too.
Regards
Andrea

#94225 - 08/16/01 01:20 PM Re: supplied disk with roland va-5
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
VA's Version 2 Software......In the UK this is not owner upgradable and as stated above has to be returned to a Roland stockist. There is no chip update, just software version 2 and they supply an exchange Zip disk with yours which contains a Music Database. The Variphase is also switchable to the left hand chords. The update is FREE. Its well worth getting it done.

Graham UK

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online