SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#94168 - 01/21/04 05:56 PM PA1 X price
Islander Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas, U.SA.
Hi, so if the list price is $4300.00, how much would it be for the final sale price please? Thanks in advance

Johnny

#94169 - 01/21/04 06:00 PM Re: PA1 X price
Dnj Offline

Thats without the extras!

#94170 - 01/21/04 06:48 PM Re: PA1 X price
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Islander:
Hi, so if the list price is $4300.00, how much would it be for the final sale price please?

Johnny, depends on your negotiation skills and how much knowledge you have. To insure the BEST deal, you FIRST need to find out 'how much' the music store paid for the keyboard. If they're totally honest & upfront, they may actually tell you (if allowed). I'm fortunate to work with a music store manager who often does.

Anything above that price (after calculating in store product overhead & operating expenses, is profit for the store. The trick is to determine what the lowest 'profit margin' the store is willing to let the keyboard go for. Typically, newly released models afford less negotiation, as the higher the customer demand, the higher the price. When customer demand dwindles (ei last years model), and inventory takes up valuable space on the showroom floor, the dealer is more willing to drop the price.

Scott

#94171 - 01/21/04 08:13 PM Re: PA1 X price
Islander Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Thats without the extras!

Thanks Dnj and Scottyee! That is a very high priced keyboard. I'll start saving my tax return I guess.

Scottyee, I think I won't pass for a price negotiation as am not very good at it. I'll just have to settle for the final deal.

Thanks again!
Johnny

#94172 - 01/21/04 08:16 PM Re: PA1 X price
Dnj Offline

Johnny......go try one out real good to make sure its what you desire..

#94173 - 01/21/04 09:27 PM Re: PA1 X price
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Johnny,
I sell the Korg Keyboards. The lowest price I can quote as a Korg dealer is $3499.00 in print,on a website, on discussion forums or displayed where a customer might be able to see the price from outside my store. This doesn't always mean this is the price one pays, because as Scott says, negotiation can still take place. It's getting to where many chain stores do consider the MAP price the price they will sell for. It all depends on the store.
Many Synthzone customers have contacted me regarding my first shipment of PA1XPRO keyboards which came in at the pre-NAMM show price which was raised $200.00 because of Eurodollar to US dollar values. I am now sold out until a new shipment arrives and these prices will be higher.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#94174 - 01/22/04 07:47 PM Re: PA1 X price
Islander Offline

Thank you very much George!!

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Johnny,
I sell the Korg Keyboards. The lowest price I can quote as a Korg dealer is $3499.00 in print,on a website, on discussion forums or displayed where a customer might be able to see the price from outside my store. This doesn't always mean this is the price one pays, because as Scott says, negotiation can still take place. It's getting to where many chain stores do consider the MAP price the price they will sell for. It all depends on the store.
Many Synthzone customers have contacted me regarding my first shipment of PA1XPRO keyboards which came in at the pre-NAMM show price which was raised $200.00 because of Eurodollar to US dollar values. I am now sold out until a new shipment arrives and these prices will be higher.

#94175 - 01/23/04 11:55 AM Re: PA1 X price
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
I just got a PA1X Pro for $3050 shipped. I called a few other places and if you really look around you can get one for less than $3000. Here are some dealers to try:
www.altomusic.com www.music123.com www.8thstreet.com

Altos is the cheapest, the other two are very good at matching prices and they also offer free shipping.

[This message has been edited by harosha (edited 01-23-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online