SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#94040 - 10/14/01 10:42 PM PSR9000 and PRO update in English!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
For those interested, go to www.yamahapkclub.com to download version 3.0 and 2.0 for the PSR9000 and 9000Pro. This is the English version rather than the German version we were downloading a few days ago. The directions and documentation is now available in English.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#94041 - 10/15/01 08:00 AM Re: PSR9000 and PRO update in English!
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Thanks George for posting the link to the
new OS Versions.
Peace
Denny

#94042 - 10/15/01 10:05 AM Re: PSR9000 and PRO update in English!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi Denny,
you forgot to add "Enjoying the 9000 Pro"!

#94043 - 10/15/01 11:13 AM Re: PSR9000 and PRO update in English!
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
OOOOOPS !!!!!
Enjoying the 9000 PRO
Denny

#94044 - 10/15/01 08:24 PM Re: PSR9000 and PRO update in English!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I loaded the new system into my 9000 pro at the store today and I like what I've been able to do. The song chain mode works fine. I have three choices. Play all songs in order, play all songs in random order, or play all the songs in all of the 5 song directories. I did notice one thing that confused me at first. If I'm in directory II and I've selected one of the songs and then I go to the song chain mode and select all the songs in directory III (or any other directory other than II), first all the songs in the current directory I've selected will play and then when finished it goes to the directory I've marked with a check to play and plays all of these songs. I've got to play with this more to see if this is what has to happen.
I also really like that I can change the sleep mode time on my hard drive. I've always been bothered by the hard drive having to "wake up" all the time before finding my files. Now I can select a time up to an hour or to be on all the time.
The extra split mode is also a great feature. Now I can have "three" split points.
There are now new fingering modes for chord recognition allowing even more "rootless jazzy" chord recognitions and there is also a mode which allows you to hear the bass and chord sounds on the left hand when you are not playing the style. Older Yamaha keyboards used to do this but not the newer ones. Casio has done this for years and now Yamaha has added this feature.
The style data base is now much easier to navigate. You can scroll up and down to directly start a new style playing or you can scroll up and down using two other switches making you have to push the OK button on the side. Both of these are really easy.
There are numerous other improvements but these are some of the key features.
Thank you to Yamaha for not charging for this major upgrade to their 9000 series keyboards. I urge all to download this software and get it running in your boards.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online