SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#93884 - 12/13/03 04:46 PM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Brickboo,
I do work at a law firm, but I'm not a lier ooops I mean a lawyer. Sadly to be an attorney you have to give up a big chunck of your honesty. You don't win cases by playing completely by the book and playing nice with counsel Well bottom line is what's right is right.. It wasn't my money and to keep it would be completely dishonest and wrong. I'd do it again (even if it were more than 200 bucks)...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#93885 - 12/13/03 06:02 PM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I had a similar experience with something I bought at Montgomery Ward several years ago. They gave me double the refund coming to me on an item I took back. It was a clerical error and I didn't realize it until I got home and actually counted it up. Of course all these thoughts pop up in your head about keeping it, using it to pay bills, buy something you need, etc., but like you Squeak I just shoved those thoughts out of my head and straight away went back and showed them what occured and like your situation they were utterly amazed (jaw dropping astonished) that I would bring the money back. They thanked me profusely for returning the $200 odd dollars to them and in doing so I would never have nor linger to have a guilty conscience if I'd kept it. The right thing to do is ALWAYS right!

Best regards,
Mike

#93886 - 12/13/03 06:05 PM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Squeak: Today we all really found out what kind of a man Squeak is. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Christmas of 2003--you did just that.
AR
J

#93887 - 12/13/03 06:18 PM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I would have gone back to the store and thrown the gift card in the bell ringers pot for charity.......................

#93888 - 12/13/03 06:20 PM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
..... nice job squeak .. Merry Christmas to you and the family....
t.

#93889 - 12/13/03 06:33 PM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
yep ,you did the right thing,you will be able to sleep good tonight,mike

#93890 - 12/13/03 07:36 PM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
Grubba99 Offline

THE WEIRDEST THING JUST HAPPENED. Ok I was reading this post and I'm just like "Oh that's so nice etc." And I wondered what I would have done in that case. Later that night I went out to buy a hockey stick right after that. It was a 2 peice stick. It turns out the cashier only charged me for the blade of the stick and not the shaft (which would have cost me another $80)I'm looking at the reciept wondering if I should go back and tell them or not. And then I thought of this post...I just had to tell them. So i went in and told them that i wasn't fully charged and I paid the additional $80. Just wanted to share that with all you guys. HAPPY HOLIDAYS

#93891 - 12/14/03 12:30 AM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
YamBox Offline

Loc: Finland
Yep! These things seem to happen. It´s nice to see I´m not the only(fool) taking that money back

Me too had few years back simiral situation but not that much money. I bought a cd-player (About 100 usdollars) got by mistake all my money back! Got out of the store wondering, something went wrong... At my heap of junk (someone did actually call it car) I counted my money and went back. Ever since I allways get discounts and stuff. It was a very small store those days and it still is but nowhere I get as nice service.

So it does pay back to be nice and good every now and then

#93892 - 12/15/03 09:22 AM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
When things like that happen to me, I feel like it's a test from God (crazy christian).
Up here in Canada we have the hated GST (the Goods and Services Tax). I asked a heating contractor what was the final bill after installing our new furnace. He gave me a price if I paid by cheque and a price, minus the GST, if I paid by cash. I chose the full price by cheque. (That money belongs to the government). If everyone paid their taxes honestly, their taxes could go down.
Starkeeper

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online