SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#93863 - 07/08/05 05:34 PM Re: ot Florida taking another hit Hurricane Dennis
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Looks like this one won't be a direct hit here in Charlotte County. We got Charley last August.........I just got my house together!!
New roof, carport, storm awnings, ceilings and furnishings to match. We are told to expect 50mph winds and 6-10" of rain. I can only hope that is all for us. The folks north of me are getting the brunt of Dennis. I'm so sorry for the misery it will bring. Best wishes. -charley

#93864 - 07/08/05 05:34 PM Re: ot Florida taking another hit Hurricane Dennis
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Just wanted to update you what's going on here in case there is a period of time where I can not communicate with my SZ family.

After talking with family memebers in the area, taking everything into consideration, including all the debris that is still laying around from Ivan, we have decided to evacuate.

We have a room reserved with Jen's parents in Azorhirst (sp?) GA. We are getting ready to leave with our 4 cats, 1 dog, and hopefully there will be room for my number 1 poccession, they Tyros. haha.

Well, hope to be able to tell you all good news, shortly the next time I am able.

Bes
Scott & Jen

#93865 - 07/09/05 07:18 PM Re: ot Florida taking another hit Hurricane Dennis
Dnj Offline

#93866 - 07/09/05 07:21 PM Re: ot Florida taking another hit Hurricane Dennis
Dnj Offline

How are you Floridians doing so far?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-09-2005).]

#93867 - 07/10/05 02:26 AM Re: ot Florida taking another hit Hurricane Dennis
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
scott,i wish your family all the best,its a shame that these freaky weather storms force so many people to flee,(once is bad enough)some friends of ours returned from florida on friday was saying that whilst driving to the airport,she was aware of evacuations taking place,mike

#93868 - 07/10/05 04:55 AM Re: ot Florida taking another hit Hurricane Dennis
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
best wishes to scott and his family, and others trying to get out of harms way right now - we are located north of the tampa area right along the gulf coast, and have missed much of storm, except the heavy rain and some wind.
be safe . . .

Jill

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#93869 - 07/11/05 11:18 PM Re: ot Florida taking another hit Hurricane Dennis
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

We evacuated to Hazelhurst, Georgia, about 400 miles from Pensacola. We are now in Panama City staying with Jen's parents who also had to evacuate with us.

I understand our home is fine. I also understand that there is no electricity, clean water, all the usual stuff. There is a curfew in Pensacola, all bridges are closed, and the traffic jams are there, although we listed to the radio to avoid the heavy traffic to get as far as Panama City.

I know we, our dog and especially our 4 cats are ready to go home ASAP.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Jill, I used to live in Hudson, FL when I was working for Fletcher Music Centers at Gulfview Sq. Mall in Port Richey.

I hope everyone else in the storms path are ok.

Best
Scott

#93870 - 07/12/05 12:04 AM Re: ot Florida taking another hit Hurricane Dennis
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
Hello,

Can anyone tell me or predict what the weather will be like from the 18th in Orlando? My husband's family have never been to America and we have a two-week vacation planned in Orlando and Cocoa Beach. We've had it planned for a good six months...

We've read forecasts that say most of Florida has been missed and to expect isolated thunderstorms, whereas other forecasts seem to be much more grim.

Thanks,

Carrie

#93871 - 07/12/05 05:48 AM Re: ot Florida taking another hit Hurricane Dennis
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
85-90F, somewhat humid, likely thunderstorms in the afternoon!

Of course, Emily may add some variation to this!

Graham

#93872 - 07/12/05 07:20 AM Re: ot Florida taking another hit Hurricane Dennis
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Scott
Glad to hear you and the family are ok.

We are still so storm weary from the 4 hits we took last year. I've not once complained about my electric or water/sewer bills since being without both utilities for so long last year.

Even today we still have contractors on site rebuilding damaged common areas at our condo.

Eddie

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online