SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#93785 - 06/24/02 02:17 PM My bad experience with a music store!
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
On May 14 I ordered a pair of speakers and stands. The speakers were Behringer B300's. The salesman said he didn't have them in stock, but would have them in about 3 weeks at a very good price. My credit card was charged immediately. I waited the 3 weeks and heard nothing, I called and was told it would be another 2 weeks and he would call. He didn't, so I did, he had to check and would call me the next day, but asked if I wanted him to ship the stands. I told him no, I didn't want the stands without the speakers. He didn't call, so I did and was told the speakers were not available, so I told him to give me a refund, he said okay, but the stands had already been shipped.
So I have been jerked around for a month and a half and I can't wait to order from this outfit again. I don't suppose I can give the name of this outfit here, but if you email me at Griffin2001@express56.com. I will give you the name and maybe save you some trouble. Oh, by the way I had ordered an item from them before and after I looked at my bill I saw an unexplained $85.00 charge for something I hadn't ordered. I called and was assured it was a mistake and it was immediately removed, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt, Mistake on my part.

#93786 - 06/24/02 02:21 PM Re: My bad experience with a music store!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I see no reason not to post the name here. I saw the speakers on sale and thought about getting some, but then I saw the weight and changed my mind!
DonM

#93787 - 06/24/02 02:42 PM Re: My bad experience with a music store!
Dnj Offline

I usualy get stuff COD, pay at the door eliminates problems. If not, buy at your local store or nearby and take it with you. Saving a few bucks mail order doesn't equal out in the long run.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-24-2002).]

#93788 - 06/24/02 04:17 PM Re: My bad experience with a music store!
JohnRomero Offline

Loc: England
We run credit card facilities with Carillon Studio's and altough I will have to check, it is my understanding that you are not allowed to authorise money to be taken until the goods are dispatched. We certainly never do. I would suggest you contact your credit card company and complain. I am not sure about other countries, but certainly here in the UK your rights as a consumer are very strong. The credit card company can withdraw the amount of money you are owed from the shops account with ease and refund it back to you.
Hope this helps,
John Romero.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online