SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#93635 - 09/21/02 09:58 AM Here's the answer to the drum machine syncing issue with the PSR's...:)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Well here's the run down on how the drum machine synced with mr PSR-550... All I can say is YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!! I didn't have to do anything to the PSR to get it to sync with the drum machine.. All I did was hook the midi cable from the out of the keyboard and to the midi port on the drum machine.. Then set the midi on the drum machine to be controlled by an external device and that was it! I was up and synced in less than 5 minutes.. It works perfectly too.. I can use the start stop button on the PSR to trigger the machine, and I can control the tempo of the machine from my PSR... Also the sync start even works too. After playing around with a few patterns on the drum machine and the keyboard it was time for the real test and that was style recording and song recording.. Well folks it works! At first I was concerned if I'd have to either directly mute the drum tracks or just turn the volume down, so I figured what the hell, clear the whole style and start from scratch and see if that works.. To my surprise it did! As soon as I started style recording the drum machine started right up.. I was so pleased to see this... However folks what you have to remember is that if you're using a drum machine you have to record your drum tracks out completely on the drum machine.... I then tried it under song recording and that worked too! I started with a blank song, then set the sync start, and as soon as I pressed a key, WHAM!! the drum machine starts right up with the recording... The only thing I noticed is that I can't get the machine to start in rehearsal mode, which really insn't a huge deal to me. I really never use rehearsal mode anyway.... Folks what an improvement to my music this is going to be.. I was playing around with the kits on the PSR and I recorded a few loops on the keyboard using the keyboards kits.. The loops I recorded matched some on the drum machine and there was no comparison at all.. The drum machine took the spot light.. There's so much more umph to the music now.. Well that's all for now, I'll report back later on...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#93636 - 09/21/02 12:07 PM Re: Here's the answer to the drum machine syncing issue with the PSR's...:)
Dnj Offline

Please post some of your new songs with your drum machine added also.

#93637 - 09/21/02 03:09 PM Re: Here's the answer to the drum machine syncing issue with the PSR's...:)
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
congratulations Squeak...glad you like it

now, watch out that you don't become a gear ideot..like me..

#93638 - 09/21/02 06:16 PM Re: Here's the answer to the drum machine syncing issue with the PSR's...:)
squeak_D Offline

We'll see!!! Just might become a gear idiot... I've also been thinking about a digital multitrack recorder as well... By using a digital 10 track I don't have to worry about DSP limitations with the 550's sequencer.. I was looking at Zooms new digital 4 track, but not sure yet.. My drum machine is actually advertised as being the perfect companion to that digital 4 track too... They both sync perfectly...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#93639 - 09/21/02 06:30 PM Re: Here's the answer to the drum machine syncing issue with the PSR's...:)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Squeak, I have a Zoom MRS-4, I would be willing to let you baby sit it for a week or so[watch it dont run out in the street, or stay up late]..Good baby sitters are hard to find..Fran

#93640 - 09/22/02 06:54 AM Re: Here's the answer to the drum machine syncing issue with the PSR's...:)
squeak_D Offline

Fran,
Babysitting is all my wife and I do anymore... More than happy to babysit Holy Crap you're from Levittown PA...???? Damn my whole family on my mother's side is from Levittown. They all still live there.. I used to go to Levittown all the time to visit my Grandparents.. They lived out on Primrose... Ever heard the name Slovich???

Squeak

#93641 - 09/22/02 01:38 PM Re: Here's the answer to the drum machine syncing issue with the PSR's...:)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Squeak, the Slovich's from Pinewood?? I know Primrose Lane...

#93642 - 09/22/02 03:17 PM Re: Here's the answer to the drum machine syncing issue with the PSR's...:)
squeak_D Offline

Fran,
That's it! They lived out in Pinewood on Primrose Lane.. I think it was 53 Primrose.. They were Frank and Rose Slovich.. My uncle Don Slovich lived with them for some time.. You knew them...???

Squeak

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online