SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#93606 - 08/30/01 10:35 AM DonM & Mr Bulk A Little Trick on the 510!
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Don & Charlie,
You may have tried this before but here goes:
1. Release your Auto. Acc. to full piano.
2. Set your R/L split to the highest note to the right. then reset your auto acc. button.
2. Now assign a voice to R1 & R2 of the
Orchestration get the sound the way you want it and lock it into memory. Remember if you want use auto harmony, it will only work with R1&R2 split.Most People don't use this anyway.
3. Now assign a voice to L1 & L2. Do the same as before.

Now you have 4 voices that you can change in the blink of an eye, and you can adjust the
octaves to match the voice you are using & lock it into memory. If you try to make an adjustment on the fly,or any adj. for that matter you must make sure to push the center button so the errow is pointing at the voice you want to adjust.
If your using L1 & want to go to R1 Don,t push R1, release L1. If your on L2 & want to go to R2, Release L1 & push R2.! You get the idea!
You can still play R1&R2 together and temperarly assign adifferent voice to be your second voice if you don't lock it into memory it will change back. You can change Say from Page1 to Page2 & back it will go back the way you had it set.
I don't compose & record my music.
I just play live preformances!
I hope you can have some fun with this!
OOh! I forgot, voices on the L1&L2 side! Key 61 won't do you much good. On the R1 &R2
it's fine. But you can play just fine with 60 key's!! Right!!
Have Fun & All the best,
Nobby

#93607 - 08/31/01 12:51 AM Re: DonM & Mr Bulk A Little Trick on the 510!
MR Bulk Offline

Loc: Mililani, Hawaii, USA
Hi Nobby,

Thanks for the info, very interesting the capabilities this old 510 still has, and still undiscovered by yours truly. As you might know by now I don't play live so I probably won't be able to use this tip much, but thanks anyway. Perhaps Don could, if he still has a 510.

------------------
Regards and Aloha,

Charlie

Charlie
http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/MR_Bulk/index-1.html

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online