SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#93580 - 10/11/04 10:32 AM Re: It's a shame, really.
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Who you callin a moldy rusty boot sonny?

Tom

#93581 - 10/11/04 02:21 PM Re: It's a shame, really.
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Now that's more like the SZ I've grown to love.

#93582 - 10/11/04 03:18 PM Re: It's a shame, really.
Ender4TrackMind Offline

Ive delt with so much ???? here I don't offer up advice as often as I can, cause I know its just going to be shot down by those with less experience then I. My first day here I was flamed for my views on recording related things, after my studio background and credits were stated.

Heck this is the very board where I was slandered to be using obscure references, when I brought up the Barkays in relation to funk ":P

Plus that slight of "kid" was used on me before here, and that backfired as I had a few songs floating around at that time...where the collective might of the boards wasn't even able to approach just rhythm guitar work. So the greater amount of play time some members might have is kinda moot.

For some reason the majority here that does nothing more then play midi cover tunes with factory presets...somehow wants total and complete respect. Then gets up in arms when you dont speak from the same limited perspective "ahhh you dont do bad midi covers what do you know."

Anyhow I well aware that my direct nature can put some off...oh well.

#93583 - 10/11/04 03:30 PM Re: It's a shame, really.
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Ahh, new name, same abrasive poster. You know, I thought it might be you earlier on. Actually, your comments this time around weren't/aren't that abrasive or off base. There has been a big move on this forum lately to go to super-small setups. I caught it when I first suggested that Logitechs weren't 'pro' enough for commercial gigs. But I have been silenced by those who swear by them. So, who am I to criticize another's choice in equipment when it doesn't match my opinion? Actually, I like the differences of opinion because it helps all of us to broaden our perspectives. As the saying goes, I may disagree with your opinion, but I will fight for your right to speak that opinion. Abrasiveness can sometimes be rough on the ego, but...

#93584 - 10/11/04 05:52 PM Re: It's a shame, really.
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Cassp, I agree!

#93585 - 10/11/04 11:47 PM Re: It's a shame, really.
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by renig:
unfortunately, even Nigel, who threatened to remove a contributor's comments (well, I suppose it is 'your' site, sir) is seeming to side with him.

You are completely wrong. You may not have seen the offensive remark used to complete the posting before I edited it out. Usually I don't waste my time editing and just remove the entire posting. But in this case I decided to give the poster the benefit of the doubt and I just removed the offensive line. How do you see that as me siding with someone ? If anyone posts something that is blatantly abusive I will remove it no matter what the point of view is. And I only warn about it once.

Quote:

Free speech is for everyone, young and old alike. Let's not forget that.

This was not a matter of freedom of speech but about being offensive to the other BBS members. You are not free to be abusive. This is a private BBS, freedom of speech is no more guaranteed here than you'd allow strangers to walk into your own living room and say whatever they want.

Having said that, this thread is now closed.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 10-12-2004).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online