SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#93309 - 06/01/05 11:31 PM Ot: Man the Eagles sound good live!
Timo1 Offline

Loc: USA
I was really impressed with there live performance.. they sounded excellent! it was funny when they talked about there minds wandering thinking bout other stuff while they performed... well I guess if you performed 30 years worth of Hotel Ca you could kinda go on auto piliot after the 10,000 time...

#93310 - 06/01/05 11:49 PM Re: Ot: Man the Eagles sound good live!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I was just watching some video from a recent live show on TV. Yeah they are certainly looking older ( aren't we all ) but still sounding great. Great players playing great songs.

#93311 - 06/02/05 01:55 AM Re: Ot: Man the Eagles sound good live!
Roel Offline

Yeah... they sound very good. I own "Hell Freezes Over" DVD and it is the best one I have.
Now and then, my mind does the same during gigs. The auto-pilot works great and when I realize my mind is 'wandering' sometimes I don't kwow exactly what the songposition is...

#93312 - 06/02/05 04:32 AM Re: Ot: Man the Eagles sound good live!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I know, I watched that show on our New York channel 4 (NBC) last evening and was quite impressed. My band does the Eagles "Love will keep us alive" and I was humbled by their rendition. Absulutely astounding. I was gratified, however, to see how hard they still work at their craft with rehearsals, warm-ups, and the "Ring of Fire" as they called it when they all practice their harmonies with one acoustic guitar backstage prior to the show.

I myself have been working very, very hard tuning my craft, and it's rewarding when it starts paying off. It payed off for the Eagles. I did get a kick out of their logic behind the Farewell tour I. It's just a joke on everyone and they are not planning on retiring or breaking up the band. They plan on doing Farewell Tour II, III, IV, and on, and on, and on.....

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#93313 - 06/02/05 05:14 AM Re: Ot: Man the Eagles sound good live!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I did not see that show, and unfortunately I was laid up when they appeared in Providence ... I am happy to hear this is not a "Good-bye" farewell tour ... I really want to catch them next time around ...
t.

#93314 - 06/02/05 07:23 AM Re: Ot: Man the Eagles sound good live!
Dnj Offline

Joe Walsh was awesome!!

#93315 - 06/02/05 07:33 AM Re: Ot: Man the Eagles sound good live!
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
This post makes me madder than hell (at myself). I had planned on watching last night but forgot. I had it in the back of my mind but sometimes the back of my mind is too far away.

#93316 - 06/02/05 09:31 AM Re: Ot: Man the Eagles sound good live!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I wasn't a huge fan, but I saw them back on the Hotel California tour ( 78 or 79, I can't remember ). They put on a phenonmenal show back then too.

I just had to go see Don Henley back at the Woodstock ( Bethel ) 99 concert, since I live about 10 miles from the site. He was pretty danged good that day as well.

AJ

#93317 - 06/02/05 09:42 AM Re: Ot: Man the Eagles sound good live!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
There is a DVD available of the performance last night...I taped it and will try to find info.

You're right...JOE WALSH RULES! He was playing a new Carvin custom guitar on several songs...impressive! It's obvious he has a really good time on stage.

The bass player-Timothy didn't show me much initially, but I guess he tries to be "invisible" and leave lots of room for that great harmony.

Russ

#93318 - 06/02/05 09:49 AM Re: Ot: Man the Eagles sound good live!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I kept thinking through Joe Walsh's performance last night, "Wow, this guy is a dynamite guitar player". I never realized how good a guitarist he really is. I was blown away.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online