SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#92980 - 05/07/02 03:55 PM Now my backup PSR2000 has a problem
Beakybird Offline

First I went to load my USER styles from my recently broken keyboard. I turned on the backup, and it got stuck on the Yamaha logo in the display. Finally an error message came on that I didn't bother reading. [Now I figured out that the problem was that I had a defective floppy in the keyboard when I turned it on]. I turned off and on the keyboard and it worked fine. It did so several times after turning it off and on. Nevertheless, I got scared because this is my backup keyboard and my other PSR2000 just broke. Little did I know that for some reason my USER registrations got erased during this error message thing. I found this out at my job.

When I got to the job, I discovered with horror that the LCD display had a crack in the window. I guess my keyboard in its case bumped hard against the luggage carrier that I keep in the trunk. Now I'm really scared. It didn't affect my performance, but it was hard not to be flustered during my job.

Then I saw that the registrations weren't there, including my global registration that sets all of the parameters. Now I felt really freaked out. Luckily, after setting everything manually, everything went off wonderfully.

When I got home, I loaded the registrations again, and they stay saved when I turn off the keyboard. Shew!

Now I hope this keyboard holds up during the 3-4 week wait while the other keyboard is getting repaired.

From now on I am going to keep an extra layer of foam on top of the keyboard when I put it in the case. If the LCD window cracks anymore, it might affect the display.

I never dreamed that I would have to be worried that my PSR2000 wouldn't last even one month, but now I am.

Larry

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 05-07-2002).]

#92981 - 05/07/02 06:52 PM Re: Now my backup PSR2000 has a problem
Dnj Offline

I can't beleive your backup is on the Fritz now!! These PSR2k units are really becoming a "Time Bomb". Whats next? For a Pro Player this is a Scary situation. Hope you get it worked out ASAP.

#92982 - 05/07/02 07:02 PM Re: Now my backup PSR2000 has a problem
Beakybird Offline

I figured out that the reason the system hung when I turned the keyboard on was that I had a defective floppy in the keyboard at the time. I put two and two together, because later when I tried to copy and paste from this floppy, I got a disk error message. So there might not be anything wrong internally with the keyboard.

Larry

#92983 - 05/08/02 07:16 AM Re: Now my backup PSR2000 has a problem
Beakybird Offline

Well, the LCD is made of glass, so that can be expected to break if it isn't handled with care: a lesson to all of us who don't protect the front panel with extra padding. The system probably hung because I had a defective floppy in my drive. Believe it or not, when I went to transfer the settings from one keyboard to the other, I kept the floppy in my pants pocket. It must have gotten lint in it. So when the system hung for about 10 seconds, perhaps all of the USER memory got erased.

I'm just hoping I can protect the LCD so that it doesn't completely break in the next 4 weeks.

Larry

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online