SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#92949 - 11/09/02 08:57 AM Re: did genesys die off?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The sounds and styles of Genesys for Ballroom music is outstanding in my opinion. Standards, Latin, Jazz are all top notch. When I received my first Genesys, I asked Generalmusic why only a 2 GB hard drive and their answer was because you have a CD drive that you can save everything to and then play songs and load styles directly from the CD. Because of this, the size of the HD became less important. Still, I would like to have seen a larger HD just because it looks more impressive to see 8, 12, etc. GB drives. As to a lighter weight Genesys.....it will be here in a month or two, so Generalmusic realized rather quickly that the need for a lighter model was being discussed here and at other forums. Finally, when recording audio, there are sample edit functions and if this is not enough, samples can be exported to a computer for more editing if neccessary.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#92950 - 11/09/02 11:36 AM Re: did genesys die off?
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
George that true, but I don't agree with using the CD to work with as an alternative to the hard disk. When you are playing live every SECOND counts and I found now by using the keyboard live that transfer from the CD is slow and so for me it's not good to work with. It is handy for an Emergency, and if you are not demanding too much from it.
Tony

#92951 - 11/14/02 09:50 PM Re: did genesys die off?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I thought many of you might find this conversation I had with the Vice President of Generalmusic here in the US interesting today. I called to order more Genesys keyboards and found out they were out of stock. I mentioned to him some of the comments I've read here on the synthzone regarding lack of dealers and a general lack of interest on this forum regarding Genesys. Sales here in the USA are 40 percent higher than what the WK8 sales were after it's release and although there are not very many dealers throughout the US sales have been better than expected from Generalmusics objectives. This is not to take away from the frustration of not having a dealer near folks wanting to try out this keyboard, but to let those of you interested to know the product is doing well and alive and well here in the US, although without the splash I'm sure it received in European countries.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#92952 - 11/14/02 11:02 PM Re: did genesys die off?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
George: I think this month's (Nov issue of) Keyboard Magazine review of the GEM ProMega3 along with Rick Wakeman's picture on the cover playing it, as well as his endorsement, will bring back GEM's resurgence. I also think that the Genesys will follow its lead. I personally have always admired GEM's dedication to producing fine acoustic piano samples as well as their 'physical modeling' damper pedal feature. The GEM Piano Expander (which I still own) really exemplifies this. I'm really anxious to checkout the new lighter & smaller sized Genesys now. - Scott

#92953 - 11/15/02 03:50 AM Re: did genesys die off?
trtjazz Offline

If Gem wants to sell more Genesys's they need to get them out there for us to try. I too live in a major city and have never laid eyes on any General Music board that I know of.

I ordered the Tyros sight unseen (other than pictures) based on owning a 9k previously and Yamaha's reputation and a 30 day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE though I would have preferred to play it first.

Genesys was another board I was considering, but having never played one, I was unwilling to chance ordering one from a dealer that did not offer a money back guarantee. Some of the mentioned features like the cd drive are nice, but unnecessary to me and I am paying for something I will never or rarely use.
jam on,
Terry

#92954 - 11/15/02 04:49 AM Re: did genesys die off?
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
Terry
I would like to add to that. I have tried emailing them on 3 different occasions just to see if there were any dealers’ near-by and never received a reply. How bad is that!
Lou

#92955 - 11/15/02 05:34 AM Re: did genesys die off?
trtjazz Offline

Lou,
That's another one of my pet peeves....I answer all E mails, usually within an hour or two. If a company can't respond to my E's within 24 hours, I figure they're too busy to take my money too. If they're too busy before the sale......after the sale support will be non existent.
Terry

#92956 - 11/15/02 04:21 PM Re: did genesys die off?
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Terry sorry to hear that Gem didn't answear you. I am givinig you an email adress of a person that will answear you, so write to him and ask him what you need to know...
rmirabella@generalmusic.com

That is Mr Raffaele Mirabella he understands a write good English.

Tony

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online