SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#92515 - 06/24/03 03:15 AM Re: The authentic Girl from Ipanema on Playboy Magazine at 56
RicFreak Offline

Loc: Italy
I like this topic. I swear I like it!

#92516 - 06/24/03 04:15 AM Re: The authentic Girl from Ipanema on Playboy Magazine at 56
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Wow how many times have I played this in Brazil! Nice though to put a picture to the music, I also enjoyed the english/portuguese version by frank sinatra(?). Now if only I can perfect playing those jazz chords!!!!

Simon

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

#92517 - 06/24/03 05:23 AM Re: The authentic Girl from Ipanema on Playboy Magazine at 56
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That's TWO referances to a "TOM" Jobim. Is that a nickname for the famous composer of the song? I've never heard anyonr mention a Tom Jobim before.We all know him as Antonio Carlos. Enlighten please?

#92518 - 06/24/03 06:02 AM Re: The authentic Girl from Ipanema on Playboy Magazine at 56
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Apparently that's what he was always known as. There was an interesting article on Tom Jobim in DownBeat a few months ago. Maybe you missed it.

Bryan

#92519 - 06/24/03 06:30 AM Re: The authentic Girl from Ipanema on Playboy Magazine at 56
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
For brasilian people , Antonio Carlos Jobim is just Tom Jobim . Tom Jobim named themselves just Tom.
Chico

#92520 - 06/24/03 06:37 AM Re: The authentic Girl from Ipanema on Playboy Magazine at 56
ChicoBrasil Offline

Hi Bill.

I Think that Andrea can make a better judgment about the beauty of brasilian girls. As brasilian, I am a little suspicious about this issue.

Chico

#92521 - 06/24/03 07:01 AM Re: The authentic Girl from Ipanema on Playboy Magazine at 56
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank Bez:
Hi Andrea,
This lady would be welcome in front of my camera anytime.
Frank

Frank .. I guess your recoup is coming along nicely .... good to hear from you...
t.

#92522 - 06/24/03 08:00 AM Re: The authentic Girl from Ipanema on Playboy Magazine at 56
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Pilot:
There was an interesting article on Tom Jobim in DownBeat a few months ago. Maybe you missed it.

Wow, I never knew that!
If the artcle was in Downbeat, then I definatly missed it. I've never read a single copy. Love that Tom, though !

#92523 - 06/24/03 11:34 AM Re: The authentic Girl from Ipanema on Playboy Magazine at 56
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Dave,
in Brazil "Antonio" is abbreviated in "Tom", just like in USA "Anthony" becomes "Tony"; part of the confusion comes from the fact that "Tom" in USA means "Thomas"; in Brazil, however, "Tom" is pronounced "Ton" (they never have an "n" at the end of a word, unless it's a foreign word).

Chico,
what can I say? Many brazilian girls are not only extremely attractive "on the outside": they seem also very happy or at least satisfied of their life and this is reflected in a special light in their eyes. Something makes me think that in Brazil the depressive syndrome is a rare disease.

#92524 - 06/24/03 12:56 PM Re: The authentic Girl from Ipanema on Playboy Magazine at 56
ChicoBrasil Offline

Andrea.

Tom is a sophisticated abbreviation of Antonio, but the "popular" is Tonico.Remember our sound engineer in Bossa Nova in Concert : Tonico Andrade.
Chico

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online