SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#92462 - 01/18/05 04:29 PM Anyone Having Problems with Tyros?
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
My partner just hauled his Tyros to Shreveport Yamaha qualified repair center to resolve what I think is a softare (or possibly firmware) problem. Anybody else had similar problem?

Rice

#92463 - 01/18/05 05:19 PM Re: Anyone Having Problems with Tyros?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Um....you never specified the problem?

#92464 - 01/18/05 07:42 PM Re: Anyone Having Problems with Tyros?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
What was it doing? Did you take it to Electromusic?
DonM

#92465 - 01/19/05 06:25 AM Re: Anyone Having Problems with Tyros?
Riceroni9 Offline

Hi UD & Don:

Mike's Tyros would not hold settings or even respond to a "system reset." I suspect it has something to do with the hard drive (20 gigs)installed a day or two after he received the Tyros. The installation was a snap and the Yamaha instructions were painless. Being an old DOS person, I could not believe the format happened so quickly. Makes me wonder if Yamaha and Windows XP are shaking hands properly? Don, you are correct in assuming Mike took it to the place you described in Shreveport.

Rice

#92466 - 01/19/05 06:34 AM Re: Anyone Having Problems with Tyros?
DonM Offline

I had no real problems with my Tyros, but I haven't hooked it to the computer since I updated to XP. Previously I had ME and it worked fine with it.
Mike Blau at Electromusic is very capable and should resolve your problems. He is usually very busy though.
Good luck,
DonM

#92467 - 01/19/05 07:55 AM Re: Anyone Having Problems with Tyros?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Rice (Lynn): I trust that Mike's Tyros gets fixed & back up and running soon. I can only suggest that Mike Blau at Electromusic contact Steve Deming (Manager of Keyboard Customer Support) at Yamaha USA about the problem if for whatever reason he's not able to get the problem resolved. The Yamaha USA factory technician that fixed my my Tyros was Jason Lee. He was not only COMPETENT & THROUGH in locating & pin pointing the problem, but friendly and helpful as well, bending backwards to see that my Tyros USB got fully resolved. My Tyos has been working flawlessly ever since.

Rice: I hope Mike's Tyros gets fixed soon because I really enjoy the music you guys produce with it. - Scott

#92468 - 01/23/05 09:29 AM Re: Anyone Having Problems with Tyros?
DonM Offline

Riceguy,
I "saw" your Tyros Friday. It was still in the box. I had a little problem with mine and had to take it over there. For a $25. rush charge, they move you to the head of the line.
DonM

#92469 - 01/23/05 05:46 PM Re: Anyone Having Problems with Tyros?
Riceroni9 Offline

Thanks Don. I'll call Hackworth as soon as I clear the boards here tonight. As an aside, can you reveal the approx. selling price of your Tyros? I plan to upgrade after I spend a little more time as "Sorcerers' Apprentice" on the PSR-2000.

We sure appreciate the way you guys respond and the obvious comeraderie enjoyed by this group. Regards, Rice

#92470 - 01/23/05 08:47 PM Re: Anyone Having Problems with Tyros?
DonM Offline

I'll email the price to you.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online