SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#92449 - 01/05/03 10:39 AM Digitech's Vocalist VR
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There has been lots of threads on both this forum and others about the built in vocal processors in keyboards. On the advice of Uncle Dave (and others) I purchased Digitech's Vocolist VR, plugged it in, modified the midi output on the 2000, and though I hate to admit it, UD was right on the money--the machine produced a much richer vocal harmony than my old Midi Vocalist.

When compared to the built-in vocalizer in the keyboards I used over the years, there is no comparison. The VR beats them all--hands down, even when the keyboard processors are tuned to perfection.

The VR is completely programable, allows you to use single finger notes, provides a wide range of harmonies and whether you're out there playing the night club circuit, private parties or just jammin' with some of the guys and gals at home, I can highly recommend this addition to your system.

Thanks Uncle Dave,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#92450 - 01/05/03 11:56 AM Re: Digitech's Vocalist VR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
When compared to the built-in vocalizer in the keyboards I used over the years, there is no comparison.

Sadly that has been true for many years now.
You should take a look at http://www.antares-systems.com

They can make even the worst singers sounds fantastic. Even if they are singing completely out of tune. No kidding… take a look.

#92451 - 01/05/03 01:11 PM Re: Digitech's Vocalist VR
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by James Tubbritt:
Sadly that has been true for many years now.
You should take a look at http://www.antares-systems.com

They can make even the worst singers sounds fantastic. Even if they are singing completely out of tune. No kidding… take a look.

Contrary to what many people think, Antares Auto Tune does work but the singer has to be fairly close on pitch for it to work well and not sound robotic. Even then it can't and won't make a bad singer sound "fantastic." When used excessively, especially for way off key vocalists, the effect created sounds like Cher's vocal on "Believe". Of course the producer of that song was going for that effect. One listen to many top 40 records made today and you're bound to hear Auto Tune in action. Sometimes its subtle, most time though its quite evident and sounds like crap.

#92452 - 01/05/03 02:09 PM Re: Digitech's Vocalist VR
travlin'easy Offline

Guess I'm kinda' fortunate. I have always been blessed with a good voice and fairly wide vocal range. However, when you're playing single, as I have been for the past decade, the only way you can obtain harmonies is electronically. Therefore, when I singing Beach Boy, Kingston Trio and other songs that require harmony for that added bit of pizaz, a high-quality vocal processor is a great asset. If you can't sing, and your voice is marginal at best, there's no vocal processor in the world that can make you sound good. Some folks have it--some folks don't!

Thanks again Uncle Dave for the advice. Next time I'm in Phily, the beer's on me.

Gary

#92453 - 01/05/03 08:25 PM Re: Digitech's Vocalist VR
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Gary - How 'bout the Jersey Shore? I'm there 1/2 my week too !
The beer will be flowin' in Philly for the next 21 days .... as we march toward the superbowl !
Singin' harmony is my favorite thing to do - the Digitech unit makes it a labor of true love. Glad you guys are starting to "hear" the light !

#92454 - 01/06/03 07:40 AM Re: Digitech's Vocalist VR
travlin'easy Offline

Jersey Shore sounds good to me. I have to travel up there about a half-dozen times during the spring and summer to shoot photos for my magazine columns. Like I said, I'll buy the beer. I'll get in touch with you sometime in a few months and let you know when I'm headed in that direction.

Cheers,

Gary

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online