SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#92419 - 04/14/07 02:31 PM Re: Does anyone know the maximum size for a yamaha style file?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks John,
actually that's a thought. I managed to load 135kb style file, but without OTS settings. That's possibly why I had an additional 15kb's for my style.

Looks like I'll have to aim for 120kb's max also, I do like having ots settings.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jwyvern:
[B]This link shows (as some others do) that the max Style file size for Tyros1 is 120Kb.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#92420 - 04/14/07 06:59 PM Re: Does anyone know the maximum size for a yamaha style file?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Riki,

Could you send me a 140k test style? I'd like to see if it loads onto the T2. Unfortunately I'm a Mac person and haven't yet worked out how to use midi2style on my computer.

Thanks!
Chony

#92421 - 04/14/07 10:16 PM Re: Does anyone know the maximum size for a yamaha style file?
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi Chony

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Unfortunately I'm a Mac person and haven't yet worked out how to use midi2style on my computer.

As I told you the other night I have no personal experience installing midi2style at a Mac. However I know that it is possible; and I have even seen screendumps from a Mac.

Unfortunately I have lost the names of those people running Mac; but I think they were in one of the German groups and in the PSR Tutorial Group.

Regards
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#92422 - 04/15/07 04:45 PM Re: Does anyone know the maximum size for a yamaha style file?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Chony,
I played around with it a bit more over the weekend.

I'm getting some rather bizzare results.
I actually used omb's import/export pattern copy function.

I initially created the 128bars from a BIAB style (midifile). then used the import export to put the psr style together.

Discovered I had to copy the intro's /endings into the style first. Then the 128 bar variations. Doing the other way round, I ended up with a "File too large" error message , even at 80kb's.

At 134kb's I couldn't open the style editing functions on the PSR. " memory Full " error. One of the styles even crashed it.

I made the file smaller by deleting some of the drums.
Went into the psr's list event editor & noticed only the first 128 bars of the style " variations " will display ie the drums in variation A, but not in the rest of the variations.

I'm still convinced all 4, 128 bar variations play back, ie I deleted the drums except for the first 8 bars on vari 1. , I deleted the first 8 bars on vari2, deleted all the drums on vari 3 & left vari 4 in tact.

I think trying to use more than the 32 bars per variation could cause you hassles. I think the psr's may be designed for a total of 128 bars for the 4 variations ie 32 bars each.

The instrumentation is really sparse, maybe ok if all you wanted was a jazz trio.

I'll send you the 2 files, just let me know where you'd like them emailed.
rikkisbears@hotmail.com
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Riki,

Could you send me a 140k test style? I'd like to see if it loads onto the T2. Unfortunately I'm a Mac person and haven't yet worked out how to use midi2style on my computer.

Thanks!
Chony

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#92423 - 04/15/07 09:50 PM Re: Does anyone know the maximum size for a yamaha style file?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Chony ,
further to my post below.
Decided to extend the variations on one of my psr1500 styles. ( Movie Swing)

The style started out at approx 50kb's, 8 bars per variation.

The maxium amount of bars I managed to reach was 48 for vari 1 & 2,
& 32 for vari 3&4.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rikkisbears:
[B]Hi Chony,
I played around with it a bit more over the weekend.

I'm getting some rather bizzare results.
I actually used omb's import/export pattern copy function.

I initially created the 128bars from a BIAB style (midifile). then used the import export to put the psr style together.

Discovered I had to copy the intro's /endings into the style first. Then the 128 bar variations. Doing the other way round, I ended up with a "File too large" error message , even at 80kb's.

At 134kb's I couldn't open the style editing functions on the PSR. " memory Full " error. One of the styles even crashed it.

I made the file smaller by deleting some of the drums.
Went into the psr's list event editor & noticed only the first 128 bars of the style " variations " will display ie the drums in variation A, but not in the rest of the variations.

I'm still convinced all 4, 128 bar variations play back, ie I deleted the drums except for the first 8 bars on vari 1. , I deleted the first 8 bars on vari2, deleted all the drums on vari 3 & left vari 4 in tact.

I think trying to use more than the 32 bars per variation could cause you hassles. I think the psr's may be designed for a total of 128 bars for the 4 variations ie 32 bars each.

The instrumentation is really sparse, maybe ok if all you wanted was a jazz trio.

I'll send you the 2 files, just let me know where you'd like them emailed.
rikkisbears@hotmail.com
best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#92424 - 04/15/07 10:01 PM Re: Does anyone know the maximum size for a yamaha style file?
chony Offline

Thanks Rikki, I appreciate you going out of your way for me. I guess 32 bars will have to suffice! I'm sure it won't be that much of a problem. After some thought, it would be pretty hard to follow more than that.

My email address is cmilecki@yahoo.com

#92425 - 04/16/07 07:31 AM Re: Does anyone know the maximum size for a yamaha style file?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
32 Bars is a lot. I doubt anyone could detect that it is in a loop, escpecially, if there are 3 other variations of 32.

#92426 - 04/17/07 04:46 PM Re: Does anyone know the maximum size for a yamaha style file?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Chony,
I sent the files. Please let me know how you go.

Haven't quite worked out if you're planning to use "customized" onboard styles ( ie extend them & replace drum tracks), or user
styles you've created from midifiles or from scratch.

If it's customized onboard styles, I'd be happy to try & extend the variations on one of your favourite styles, using omb.
Never been quite sure if omb may mess up a mega style. Be an interesting exercise.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chony:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#92427 - 04/17/07 10:52 PM Re: Does anyone know the maximum size for a yamaha style file?
chony Offline

Rikki,

Thanks so much. The past two nights I've had emergencies I had to take care of and I haven't had time to sit down - never mind turn on the keyboard! I'll report back to you as soon as I do.

Thanks, Chony.

#92428 - 04/24/07 07:10 PM Re: Does anyone know the maximum size for a yamaha style file?
chony Offline

Quote:
Rikki,

Thanks so much. The past two nights I've had emergencies I had to take care of and I haven't had time to sit down - never mind turn on the keyboard! I'll report back to you as soon as I do.

Thanks, Chony.

THANK YOU RIKKI !!!

I really appreciate you going out of your way for me.

Very interesting: The 136 kb file you sent me called "movie4.sty" did load onto my T2, however the 136 kb file named "test.sty" got me the message "file to large - impossible to load."

The movie one is exactly 136,406 bytes and the test one is 136,900. So it would seem that the cut off point is somewhere in between those two numbers.

Its still a pretty large file, and I'm hoping to make the most of the space.

Thank you again Rikki,

Chony

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online