SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#92083 - 09/17/07 01:10 PM Re: G-70 vs Tyros 2 - The sequel
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Actually, I'm from sort of the opposite camp, Nigel. I try to make my tracks and registrations DRIER at gigs than for recording...

Of course, sitting right next to a monitor or in front of the speakers will mask it out, but the fact is, at all but the deadest room gigs, the room ITSELF is the 'extra' reverb, and the further away from the speakers the audience sits, the more it factors into what they are hearing (and you are not!).

I hear an awful lot of acts that 'distance' themselves from the audience by providing a nice warm 'bath' of reverb for themselves to hear, not realizing that it is destroying any intimacy with the crowd, and reverb=distance. The more reverb, the further away you SOUND, even if you are only a few feet away.

If you need more reverb for a comfort level, buss more of it into your monitors, NOT the main mix... Your audience will usually make a better 'contact' with your music if it sounds up-front (but not loud!)...

JMO, yada yada yada...

#92084 - 09/22/07 12:42 PM Re: G-70 vs Tyros 2 - The sequel
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I am back from five pleasant days in Amsterdam, Holland; first of all, thanks to all who listened to my songs and commented on them.
Upon request from a member of another Forum, I have recorded a third version of "Careless Whisper", utilizing what I thought was the best of each keyboard, kind of "Roland and Yamaha join their forces".
The MP3 can be downloaded at createsongstyles.com (link here and also at my remote disk, at this address . At the same address I have also uploaded the renditions done on the Tyros 2 and the G-70, for ease of comparison.
Enjoy!

#92085 - 09/22/07 12:44 PM Re: G-70 vs Tyros 2 - The sequel
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
P.S.: as usual, at the italian site you have to select a song and then press "Scarica".

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online