SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#92023 - 07/11/01 04:49 PM don't forget the days of the ms-series !
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi Friends,

I have upload some songs played on the ms-50,
xb2(hammond) and with use of the pk-5 pedalboard. This songs are recorded in 1998.
The songs "moonlight serenade", "marina" and
"the shadow of your smile" are live recorded
in "organconfiguration" (roland pedalboard,
XB2 Hammond and MS50 solton.)I use 3 outputs on the ms50: l&r+3 (on 3 the bass-sound for the pk-5 pedalboard). The reverb is comming out a lexicon mpx100 (no use of the ms50 reverb). All songs are recorded in my homestudio.
The songs "tico tico" and "red roses for a blue lady" are recorded in multi-track.
That last song i also used the sound-canvas of roland!
1. Moonlight serenade: I have made some programsounds in splitmode on the ms50, some sounds to the left site(lowermanual) and some sounds to the right site (uppermanual).
2.Marina: this song of a Belgian composer(Rocco Granata) i have re-harmonisized the chords of this tune and play it on a bossa..
3.the shadow of your smile: on a beguinegroove also the same way like moonlight serenade.
This 3 songs are without accompagment of the arranger(only live left and right hand and the bass on the roland pk-5 and drumkit)
I hope you like the sound of this "great" solton keyboard (i like the ms-series !)
You can find the demo's on the site: www.greatcanada.com
Go to current member (password and id needed)
and go to the directory "timeless evergreens"
Only members and juniormembers can have the id and password by email.
Greetings Notlos

------------------

#92024 - 07/11/01 09:38 PM Re: don't forget the days of the ms-series !
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi Dirk,
I will email you for the password, but right now just want to say:
Rocco Granata is italian; maybe he moved to Belgium (like Salvatore Adamo), but he was born in Italy!
Regards
Andrea

#92025 - 07/11/01 11:08 PM Re: don't forget the days of the ms-series !
notlos Offline

Hello dreamer,
Yeah, rocco granata is italian !!!
He immigrates to belgium with his parents on his 5th birthday, and has since that time
the belgium nationality.
Greetings Notlos.

------------------

#92026 - 07/12/01 04:32 AM Re: don't forget the days of the ms-series !
Dreamer Offline

Hi Dirk,
speaking of futile things, I have seen in your profile that you live in Herentals; isn't that the hometown of Rik van Looy, the former world champion of bike racing?
I remember he was dubbed "The Emperor from Herentals"; I think he is in his 70's now.
Regards,
Andrea

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 07-12-2001).]

#92027 - 07/12/01 12:13 PM Re: don't forget the days of the ms-series !
notlos Offline

Hi Dreamer,
that's strange you now so much about "rik van looy".Yes indead he is a inhabitant of the City of Herentals(belgium).Dreamer are
you a cycling-fan? Do you know that "tour de France" passed through Herentals two days ago?
Greetings Notlos (Dirk)

------------------

#92028 - 07/12/01 06:02 PM Re: don't forget the days of the ms-series !
Dreamer Offline

Yes,
I am a big cycling fan; have a look at this page of my website: http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id10.html
there is a picture of me on my bike (old one) on the Dolomites.
Yes, I know that two days ago the Tour was in Belgium (arrived at Seraing, near Liege), but didn't know it went through Herentals.
See how many things we have in common...

By the way, I have downloaded Tico tico from your site: Dirk, if you don't stop posting your songs I will hang my keyboard to the wall forever!
(Just kidding: keep posting, for our pleasure).

#92029 - 07/12/01 07:43 PM Re: don't forget the days of the ms-series !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Speaking of Belgium, by son Rod is a professional basketball player. He played for Aalst last year. Anybody near there?
DonM

#92030 - 07/13/01 02:50 PM Re: don't forget the days of the ms-series !
notlos Offline

Hi Donm,
I know the city of Aalst verry well !!
I played there several times in the city of
"DAENS". Aalst is famous for his carnaval every year in belgium!! Nice to know that your son is been there.
He must be a great basket-player if he is asked to invite here in Belgium.
Greetings notlos.
p.s. You can see that the world is not so big as we think !!!

------------------

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online