SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#91615 - 03/16/06 08:39 AM Re: My new software setup!
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
I've completed my Megavoice Steel Guitar patch, it took a while to get the right samples at the right places, but I think it sounds pretty good. I probably will try to tweak it a bit more to get the volume of the samples right, but it's now usable with Tyros megavoice styles.
http://espen.stua.biz/megavoice3.mp3

Now I just have to make the rest of the voices, and try to create a soundbank with patches on the correct places.

Btw. Does anyone know what the "EFX" parts of bass and distorted guitar megavoices are? are they slides? how do they work? anyone?

Doc-Z

#91616 - 03/16/06 11:20 PM Re: My new software setup!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Hereby, I testify that Hypersonic2 kicks royal butt.
I played for 2 hours yesterday, and I couldn't convince myself to go to sleep. So many sounds, so good quality, so little time.
Buy it!

#91617 - 03/16/06 11:51 PM Re: My new software setup!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Trident,
obviously you've bought it. How does it compare to your other softsynths?
I'm getting a new laptop soon, this time with a bit more memory, unfortunately I lost my Rikki 2006 arranger system , laptop overheated and I've lost a lot of my soundfont edits, so if I have to start again, I may consider this program instead.
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by trident:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#91618 - 03/17/06 02:53 AM Re: My new software setup!
trident Offline

Rikki, can I have your email?
or If you don't want to publish it, mail me at
t r i d e n t @ f r e e m a i l . g r
(remove the spaces) and notify me here that you did
Theodore

#91619 - 03/17/06 06:58 AM Re: My new software setup!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
More info on the dongle please. I googled the web for a definition and a dongle is a hardware device to protect against piracy. Steinberg makes you buy a dongle for their software!!!! The dongle is not supplied with the software?? Exactly where is the dongle connected?
Many Yamaha styles use XG voices not GM. Does Hypersonic work flawlessly with XG voices?
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 03-17-2006).]

#91620 - 03/17/06 07:08 AM Re: My new software setup!
Starkeeper Offline

The 1st sample has very good bass and electric piano, but the cymbals sounds weird to me. It sounds like someone cracking a whip. Comments.
Star

#91621 - 03/17/06 08:28 AM Re: My new software setup!
trident Offline

Starkeeper,
I'll try to explain as I know, others please feel free to step in and orrect me if I am wrong.

As you said, a dongle (despite sounding a little naughty ) is a device protecting unathorized use of computer programs.
It is a hardware device, containing some sort of serial number or code or something in a chip that is embedded in the device. You plug it to an I/O (input/output) port of a computer. It can be a parallel dongle, a serial dongle, or a USB dongle, reffering to the connection used.

When you try to run a program, it has a special code that scans for the dongle, communicates with it and finally concludes that a legit dongle is present so the program can run freely. If the dongle is not found, the program simply refuses to work.

Steinberg has a usb dongle which is probably a special USB key, that can store multiple licences targeted to different programs and sometimes allow for transferring the license from one dongle to another, so you can sell the program and the license that comes with it.

Sometimes dongles were the cause of most of the nightmares of users, back in the old days it was not uncommon to see a line of 10 dongles one plugged to the other and then to the parallel port, forming a horizontal thing that protruded for a foot or so from the back of the PC. Imagine dongle A wanting to be always the first in line, while dongle ABC would only work if it was before dongle 5 and after dongle 3 and only if the program it protected was launched first, and so on.

That is it, some things you wanted to know about dongles and some things you could'nt care less for.
Theodore

#91622 - 03/17/06 08:44 AM Re: My new software setup!
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Ok, to clearify some things..

Dongle is a USB device simular to a USB storage unit, it recides in your USB port containing the licence number for your software, without this the software does not function.

Hypersonic is neither a GM, nor a XG sound bank, but it is shipped with a GM compatible soundbank, so you will need to configure your sequencer/arranger software to select the right patches. What I did is that I renamed the GM bank to another place, and then I made up a new bank consisting of the sounds I like. But I'm planning to work out a complete set of Tyros compatible banks to use with my styles and omb. I've allready made megavoice compatible patches for guitars, now I'm working on basses. It requires some configuration work if you want this to work with Tyros styles. In OMB you can select GM as the output device, and then you may use the GM soundset in Hypersonic, which is quite good, then you don't need to configure anything.

Doc-Z

#91623 - 03/17/06 09:03 AM Re: My new software setup!
Starkeeper Offline

I believe I understand what a dongle is, but why would Steinberg charge $20.00 more for their dongle, if the their software (that you paid for) won't work without it?
Starkeeper

#91624 - 03/17/06 03:39 PM Re: My new software setup!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Theo,
email
rikkisbears@hotmail.com

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Rikki, can I have your email?
or If you don't want to publish it, mail me at
t r i d e n t @ f r e e m a i l . g r