SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#91530 - 01/30/06 03:00 PM Re: An interesting observation...
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Manic2257,

You could possibly be correct with all of your assumptions ie: bad tempos, incorrect set tunes etc. Here is the big however, Gary is a seasoned professional with probably more years of experience than you are old (judging by the way you try to write). I'm sure he knows what the appropriate tunes should be for the crowd that was there.

I have played in everything from a 16 piece band to doing solo work. They all have their good and bad points. Both can be equally rewarding or equally frustrating. Most of us have had to deal with other so called musicians who arrive late if at all, show up or get drunk on the job, don't know the tunes, play out of tune or speed, and want the majority of the money and fame. Many of them also think they can sing and are the worlds greatest soloists.

Most of the people on this forum respect the other members and treat them accordingly. You made good points even though your manner of expression leaves a lot to be desired.

You are correct about another thing also. Gary is a big boy and can hold his own with the likes of you without any help from the rest of us.

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 01-30-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 01-31-2006).]

Tom

#91531 - 01/30/06 04:01 PM Re: An interesting observation...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary isn't nearly as big as he used to be, thanks to South Beach.

#91532 - 01/30/06 05:26 PM Re: An interesting observation...
manic2257 Offline

Loc: australia
in reply to tom...oh what a response, such sabre-like wit...i am forever in your shadow, and will continue through life carrying the scars from the results of your vast intellect........*yawn* , whatever, whatever, whatever....you obviously yearn for the validation of your peers, so you go for it m8y

#91533 - 01/30/06 06:24 PM Re: An interesting observation...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
manic2257--Hmmmmmm! The name seems to fit the demeanor. Well M8, I spent several months down under in Woomera, Perth and a few other locations, and the vast majority of the hundreds of individuals I worked with were the most hospitable, polite people I have met anywhere on the planet. There are, however, exceptions everywhere, which are clearly reflected by your statements and comments to some of the forum's senior members.

I don't know how old you are, how much entertainment experience you have, and to be perfectly honest, I don't give a damned. This forum has survived for many years because the vast majority of its members are willing to share experiences, and contribute good, solid, information that will benefit the membership both professional and home hobbyist players.

If you have something constructive to contribute, believe me it will be welcomed by everyone. Don't denegrate Australia by claiming this attitude is shared by everyone on the continent--it's not the case.

Now, if you wish to continue this tirade with similar posts, feel free. Just don't expect a heartwarming response or welcome.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#91534 - 01/31/06 05:01 AM Re: An interesting observation...
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Manic2257,

To quote the wisdom and wit of your fine writing "yeah well, whatever...ad infinitum ad nauseum the end, fine, kaput.....".

Thank you for the mental evaluation. All these years I've been searching for that unknown missing thing in my life, the approval and valadition of my peers. It is amazing how you spotted it so quickly. Where do I send the check?

btw, I am not nor ever will be your m8y.

Tom

Tom

#91535 - 01/31/06 06:39 AM Re: An interesting observation...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Nah! It ain't worth it...

Ian

#91536 - 01/31/06 04:34 PM Re: An interesting observation...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey Al, things must be a lttle different in the Philly area....I could probably name a dozen Solo entertainers here that make 60 G's plus a year...I can't think of one band member that makes anywhere near that...and I know people in the most popular bands..The main difference that I see is Solo acts have more options to play 5 or 6 jobs a week, where the bands are lucky to get 1 or 2 jobs within the week..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online