SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#91455 - 08/09/06 11:25 AM OT - great deal on 512mb USB 2 flash drive
cwalkeralso Offline

Loc: State of Washington, US
Group

I hope this isn't a misuse of the forum, but I want to share a great deal. If my post is inappropriate, then I trust the moderator will delete it.

Buy.com has a "kit" of two (2) 512mb USB 2.0 Privacy flash drives for $19.95 + free shipping. My google search found that these drives normally sell via internet for about $35.00 each.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202899589&adid=17662

PLEASE READ:
Mfr's tech support confirmed via personal email that FORMATTING THE DRIVE REMOVES THE PRIVACY SOFTWARE (i.e. password protection and data encryption), MAKING THE DRIVE A NORMAL FLASH DRIVE, and added that their website has the software posted for download and reinstall if ever needed (NOTE: if installed on any other drive, the software becomes TRIAL version).

I purchased a kit in the HOPES that the drives will work with my Tyros 2, but if they don't, then I'll still have 2 sizeable drives for a very modest investment. I have no connection with buy.com or mfr, and benefit only by knowing that maybe somebody else will get a great deal.

Charles

[This message has been edited by cwalkeralso (edited 08-09-2006).]

#91456 - 08/09/06 12:48 PM Re: OT - great deal on 512mb USB 2 flash drive
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Very interesting. Do you HAVE to use the encryption, or can it be used as a normal USB memory drive?
DonM

#91457 - 08/09/06 01:32 PM Re: OT - great deal on 512mb USB 2 flash drive
cwalkeralso Offline

Loc: State of Washington, US
Don

Formatting the drive removes the privacy software (i.e. password protection and data encryption), making the drive a normal USB drive.

Thanks for helping me see that my first post was not as explicit as I intended. I have now modified it to make it more clear.

Charles

[This message has been edited by cwalkeralso (edited 08-09-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online